New Moog ball joints didn't come with boots

I find it very odd that my new lower ball joints I ordered did not come with rubber boots. They were sealed in the bags inside the box, but there appears there was never a boot installed on them. Is this normal? am I to re-use the stock boots?\\

part number is k500007 and in the pictures it appears they come with boots. Also if it matters I ordered these for me 2014, after about 80,000kms both lower ball joints move up and down.

gallery_140298_3337_2388710.jpg

I just called Moog and they told me that they have a new design that has an internal boot like in the picture, it just seems to me like this isn't a good design, it looks wide open....

Rock auto sent me this, apparently it is the way they will be now.

Moog NEW Compression Loaded Ball Joint Slide 1.pdf

Replacement arms are about 5x the price and they aren't greasable. I'd rather have Moog lifetime balljoints over OEM that only lasted me 49,000 Miles.

Have you priced Moog replacement arms. Come with joints and on Amazon, least for older trucks, were the same proce as balljoints alone

Just a heads up to anyone who plans on replacing their lower ball joints. Do not buy Moog K500007 Ball joints. They are not OE fit. For some reason my knuckle snugged right up to my lower control arm and it lowered my truck .75". I took it for an alignment and they said this isn't right and that I shouldn't even be driving it.

gallery_140298_3337_1360975.jpg

This is what it should look like.

Front-Suspension-2015-Chevrolet-Silverad

• 1 month later...

gallery_140298_3337_8865667.jpg

Here's a comparison to the OEM ball joints.

It looks like you're comparing the MOOG K500007 to a different OE joint. MOOG also lists a K6541, for steel control arms, which is taller and looks almost identical to the OE joint in your picture.

It looks like you're comparing the MOOG K500007 to a different OE joint. MOOG also lists a K6541, for steel control arms, which is taller and looks almost identical to the OE joint in your picture.

Yes it is a k500007 and the other is an OEM ball joint that the dealership gave me for VIN and my truck has aluminum suspension. I gave my VIN to Moog and my VIN to the dealer and these are the ball joints they both gave me.

Archived