Why do people bash Rough Country lifts?

I am researching lift kits for my '15 Sierra 4x4 and think I have decided on the 6" kit by Rough Country. Other than the high end kits whose kits include new Coilovers all kits I see are virtually the same, but everywhere I look (forums) most people have a bad opinion of this lift.

What is your opinion and why.

I also have the 2.5" level lift currently and am happy with it. What I was asking about was their other Lift kits. The reason why is on other forums that I look at they get a horrible review. Not sure if it is the opinion of the person first hand or if it is a way to justify spending so much more money eg. Buying only Nike versus a off brand.

If your intent is to stay on pavement, RC is ok. If you plan to offroad, then BDS, cognito, FTS, etc.. are better made components. My 07 FTS basic kit was better made than any RC. It also dropped everything a full 7 inches and kept my angles flat. The biggest complaint I have for RC is their 3.5 kit. I think it gets the most negative reviews. I'm running a RC 2.5 and have no issues thus far.

I have the 7" and no problems with it and like it. I was very picky about my lift and got the one that uses drop brackets that reuse all the stock components that way if something were to happen them I can get any GM part to fix as if it were stock. Plus I don't like those ridiculous FTS lifts that look like Im smuggling a large plastic tote under the front of my truck lol Also my truck just hit 38K miles and had the lift since 10K

I had an 04 Sierra half ton with the 6" lifted knuckles kit, and my current truck, 2014 sierra half ton with the 7.5" lifted knuckle kit. I honestly don't have any complaints about the lift kits. I went mudding with my older truck and never had any issues what so ever. I even drove it off a 8'-10' bank and only bent back the front cross member on frozen ground. a tow truck pulled it back into spec. On my new truck everything is fine besides my stabilitrak coming on on tight, fast left turns. I also have movement/squeak when reversing while turning and coming to a stop. I am going to tighten everything this weekend most likely like I should have already anyways. I have had it on for a month or two. Overall though, it is not a shitty lift. I have no complaints about its durability or craftsmanship. It hasn't let me down yet, or given me any issues a wrench wont fix.

That's why I am starting to believe that the people who say RC is crap are really trying to justify the amount of money they spent on their own lifts. CNC metal really couldn't have to many differences from one company to another.

The ones people bash are the ones that do not deop the differential. Causes bad CV angles

not saying that you are implying RC doesn't drop their diffs, but they do. Both of my trucks have drop brackets installed on the diffs as well as the sway bar.

Most of the reason for the Rough Country bashing is their 3.5" "lift", which was really more of a leveling kit with maxed out angles and was notorious for trashing front ends.

not saying that you are implying RC doesn't drop their diffs, but they do. Both of my trucks have drop brackets installed on the diffs as well as the sway bar.

What Danny is saying. I never said that all RC lifts were like that. A lot of people come on here and ask about the 3.5" which does not

Archived