The Carbon Fiber Treatment

Is there a trim removal topic?

If your asking how to remove the trim,

Its very easy.

I went down to the auto store and bought a trim kit with about 6 different plastic handles.$10-12.

All of the trim you see, I took off with these tools.

All the trims are made to pop off. The center console wood grain pieces and the two side vents are the trickiest. I just took it slow and looked very closely at any hank ups on the pieces I was trying to take off. There is another forum that explains how to do the console and steering wheel, (I don't know if I can say which forum)

Be careful of the 2 steering wheel trims. These are a pain in the a$$. You can pull sideways on the top part of the piece enough to where you can wrap them without actually taking off the center, which is a totally different topic on airbags.

just buy the AT Sierra... already carbon fiber look inside..

So what do you do if you already have a new truck, buy another with carbon fiber or do mods to get rid of the ugly fake wood trim?

Incorrect, the only thing that is CF on AT package is the IP where the gauges are and the seat trim. All of the door and bezels are satin metal finish.

Incorrect, the only thing that is CF on AT package is the IP where the gauges are and the seat trim. All of the door and bezels are satin metal finish.

This coming from a guy that supposedly drives an AT

Archived