need a divider/ grocery/ small item holder in the truck bed.... any id

Use a 2x6, about 52" long if my memory serves. Chamfer the corners and taper the ends slightly if possible.

I have a board like above but a 2x4, and I have a milk crate bungee corded to a bed loop. A little rednecky but the tonneau cover hides it most of the time, and works pretty good.

I am more partial to a 2x8. mine stays in the garage or out back until needed

A little more $$$ than a 2x4, but I love my AMP bed extender. Works as a divider when inside, flips to make a bed extender, and lifts out when I don't need it:

I got the same thing and works great. It also looks nice in the truck as well. Easy in and out and light weight.

The problem that I had with the cheap ratcheting load bars is that one click too far to make it "tight enough" and the metal on the ratchet mechanism got some scoring on it from the locking blade. From then on you need a screwdriver handy to pry the release lever to get it to unlock.

I discovered the Save-A-Load cargo bars. They adjust to rough length with detent pins and then have a 3-4" hydraulic ram with a pump handle to expand that last little bit. No more trying to get one more click to get the bar tighter. Not cheap, around $80 but lifetime warranty.

I ordered a second one to use in the front part of the bed behind the cab for the 2015 and got an email from them wanting to know if I was replacing the bar I bought in 2010. They reminded me that it was under lifetime warranty. I told them that this was a second purchase and the first bar was working fine. Excellent customer service marks for that one.

I use a quick-grip clamp on the bar to keep cargo from moving side to side.

https://saveaload.com/

I just learned that those little plastic tabs on either end of the underside of the back seat are actually grocery bag holders. You're supposed to slip the bag handles into them and they'll hold them in place. Best part is that it's already there and totally unobtrusive, but might not be as versatile as other add-on products.

If you can't picture what I'm talking about, go fold up your rear seat and you'll see the plastic devices on the underside.

I took two 2x8 non pressure treated boards, cut them to fit, and had Line-X applied to them on my truck. They look great, will last forever, and do a great job.

Weight is one thing. I used to have 2x4 on my GMT800 and I thought a 2x6 would be better and found out it's quite heavier and bulkier to maneuver around. I'd say a 2x12 would be a lot heavier, well, twice of my 2x6.

Why does everyone use such short boards? Not saying its wrong by any strech but is there a reason why nobody has done a 2x12?

POS is right. I ended up going with 2x8's (I have one in the slots closest to the cab too) and while the height is nice they are heavier than I would have liked. This could also be because I didn't add a handle or slot to grab. I may end up cutting out some large slots or holes to remove some of the weight/provide additional grip.

Archived