AVS in-channel vent visors causing problems

I had a set of these installed on my 2015 Silverado right after I bought it and ever since the weather has warmed up the they seem to be causing my auto up feature on the driver side window to have issues. When the window rolls up it will roll right back down again, the dealership says it is caused by "pinch protector" in the window and it senses that the window is pinching something with the in-channel visors and makes the window roll back down. Is anyone else out there experiencing this?

I have that once in a while. Dealer claims it sees/feels a reflection - pinching (prevent getting something caught in the window) when in the sun. When it happens, I just put the window up very slow a few times and it disappears. Not a big issue with me.

I hate this with mine as well, and they seem a bit noisy too. I shoved a wedge in overnight once on each side and has been better, but I still get this on occasion. If you hold the window button up when it rolls up it overrides the pinch, which is what I have been accustomed to doing. Still not thrilled with the product though.

avs visors here and my auto up function works just fine. that has only happened to me less than a hand full of times. maybe try taking off the drivers side vent visor and re apply it. maybe that will help.

+1 you can also try sanding or shaving try thickness of the tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for reference, I have Weathertech in-channels and I've never had that problem for the year I've had mine installed.

I like Weathertech but they do not make them for the 1500 regular cab anymore.

I had a set of these installed on my 2015 Silverado right after I bought it and ever since the weather has warmed up the they seem to be causing my auto up feature on the driver side window to have issues. When the window rolls up it will roll right back down again, the dealership says it is caused by "pinch protector" in the window and it senses that the window is pinching something with the in-channel visors and makes the window roll back down. Is anyone else out there experiencing this?

I was having the same problem: FIXED !

I bought these and had the same problem with the driver's side window. It was driving me to fits trying to fix it. I finally succeeded though. Here's what I did:

1) Shortened the tabs so the shield sat higher.

2) Beveled the radiused edge inside the shield with a coarse file.

3) Dumped the double stick tape and used CA glue instead (be careful how much you use else it'll become a mess!) I used a premium grade CA glue called Zap A Gap (medium thickness).

#1 helped a little but did completely fix it on its own.

#2 and #3 I did at the same time. The double stick tape adds thickness to the shade that removes clearance for the window. I don't know for sure if it was #2, #3 or a combination of all 3 that fixed it. I just know that it's fixed!

CA glue was actually my last resort. I tried other adhesives with no luck. Either the problem still occurred or they didn't adhere well.

John

Thanks for all the input y'all. I'm gonna have to give the method jgedde used and see what I can come up with. I really like the look of the in-channel versus the the stick on but I might have to make the switch if I can't get the window to cooperate.

Being that the front doors are the same size no matter what size cab you have why not go to double or crew cab and just pick only the front set.

Actually, the doors vary in size depending on the cab. I think the regular cab has a longer door compared to the double cab and crew cab.

And the crew/double cabs windows come to more of an angle at the B pillar. Whereas the regular cab is more of a curve.

See here:

34BOX1z.png

Being that the front doors are the same size no matter what size cab you have why not go to double or crew cab and just pick only the front set.

The regular cab doors are not the same size as the double and crew cabs.

Archived