Thoughts on wheel spacers?

Grrr, I think 1" would be perfect. Don't get me wrong, your truck looks great, but that might be a tad much and do some chipping to the sides. Your back looks great, but the fronts seem to poke out a tad more. Or maybe it's just the angles.

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

That's not my truck lol but I agree any negative offset will be prone to rock chips etc. That's just a negative of negative offset ;P. I want to run 2" spacers eventually but right now I have no spacers.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish the stock wheels (or reps) came in +0. That'd be perfect.

Would love .5 to 1", but don't want to cut or put on longer studs.

From what I read in the instructions you don't need to cut any studs. Check them out for yourself

http://www.roughcountry.com/wheel-spacers-1065.html

I'm pretty sure with a .25" (about 7mm) spacer, you're fine with stock studs. But with .5" (about 14mm) you might need to extend the studs to get the proper rotations for the lugs.

Would love .5 to 1", but don't want to cut or put on longer studs.

From what I read in the instructions you don't need to cut any studs. Check them out for yourself

http://www.roughcountry.com/wheel-spacers-1065.html

I think Rawyzf if talking about the hub centric wheel spacer adapters. Like these;

bora6lug.jpg

From what I've read on here is that 1" wheel spacers allow the factory studs to stick out too far and will not fit behind the wheel hub spaces and have to be trimmed 1/4". I'm in the same boat as he, I would love 1" wheel spacers but am pretty certain wheel studs have to be trimmed. Not the worst thing but its still a pretty big deal since they are the one thing holding your wheels in place.

I'm pretty sure with a .25" (about 7mm) spacer, you're fine with stock studs. But with .5" (about 14mm) you might need to extend the studs to get the proper rotations for the lugs.

Ah I see, well I'm sorry my friend I tried. Only other alternative is aftermarket wheels.

I think Rawyzf if talking about the hub centric wheel spacer adapters. Like these;

bora6lug.jpg

From what I've read on here is that 1" wheel spacers allow the factory studs to stick out too far and will not fit behind the wheel hub spaces and have to be trimmed 1/4". I'm in the same boat as he, I would love 1" wheel spacers but am pretty certain wheel studs have to be trimmed. Not the worst thing but its still a pretty big deal since they are the one thing holding your wheels in place.

Yup Sir.

Ah I see, well I'm sorry my friend I tried. Only other alternative is aftermarket wheels.

Yup, it's starting to seem that way. But, I'll try a few things before I go that route most likely.

• 2 weeks later...

Was gonna say those don't poke out at all, buy I see the fender flares now. :)

I know everybody wants hub centric, but what about wheel centric with aftermarket wheels? Would just hub centric suffice? I am trying to get my rear track width the same as my front end. It seems my front end tires extend about 1.5"-2" farther than my rear end tires.

Archived