Cooper Tires....which one??

Got my new meats installed last night. Cooper Discoverer A/T3. LT285-55 r 20

They ride and handle great! The tire shop set them at about 38 psi. Although I may bump them up a bit, to 42-44. Gonna have to experiment with PSI's.

They are quieter than I thought they would be. For such an aggressive tire, they have very little road noise.

I am very pleased with this purchase.

WWLX91B.jpg

wWwMgEs.jpg

j75p4rT.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

285/55/20 look perfect to me! Why can't they make them in a standard load!

They do not ride bad at all though. Even for a E rated tire.

They do not ride bad at all though. Even for a E rated tire.

Yeah, I am not too worried about the ride. More along the lines of cost and weight.

Yeah, I am not too worried about the ride. More along the lines of cost and weight.

I hear you. the SRA's spec say they weighed 39 lbs. I had to dig around to find the Coopers weight and they are about 60lbs.

You could do a 275/60r20, they are only 44lbs. And those are P rated tires, not LT.

Yeah, but with 275/60, I'm not getting that added width, which looks a lot better :)

I honestly cant tell the extra width on these tires. I mean its 10mm. Its not a whole lot. You would notice it a lot more on a wheel with w different backspace or width, but on the stock wheels it's really hardly noticeable.

Got my new meats installed last night. Cooper Discoverer A/T3. LT285-55 r 20

They ride and handle great! The tire shop set them at about 38 psi. Although I may bump them up a bit, to 42-44. Gonna have to experiment with PSI's.

They are quieter than I thought they would be. For such an aggressive tire, they have very little road noise.

I am very pleased with this purchase.

Those look good! You'll love them in the Chicago winters! They'll get a little louder as they wear, but nothing like a mud tire. Mine are still pretty quiet, with over 40k on them. I rotate them every 5-6k miles.

Those look good! You'll love them in the Chicago winters! They'll get a little louder as they wear, but nothing like a mud tire. Mine are still pretty quiet, with over 40k on them. I rotate them every 5-6k miles.

Thanks man. And lucky me, I am moving to Nevada in a few months! No more Chicago winters. haha

Good to hear they have been holding up for you. I cant tell yet if my mileage has been compromised much by the extra weight and extra height. They are about 20 lbs heavier each than the stock Goodyears, and only slightly taller and slightly wider.

Thanks man. And lucky me, I am moving to Nevada in a few months! No more Chicago winters. haha

Good to hear they have been holding up for you. I cant tell yet if my mileage has been compromised much by the extra weight and extra height. They are about 20 lbs heavier each than the stock Goodyears, and only slightly taller and slightly wider.

Haha, nice! Yeah, snow won't be nearly as much of an issue out there! Keep up posted on the MPG changes...if any..

Archived