Cooper Tires....which one??

So I have had a few different brand of tires (BFG,Toyo,MT) over the past several years but never a cooper tire. I would like to try them but cannot decide on which one. I like the ST maxx and the ATP's just from the looks but would like some real world opinions on which would be the best for a daily driver + some off road as I do hunt alot and live near the James River so we drive on the sand most weekends during the summer. I plan to do a 2 1/2 RC leveling kit with the 2 inch rear block on stock 20's and would like to get the optimal size as well. I'm leaning towards the ATP in the 275-65-20 ?? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't speak for your size, but so far I've been really happy with my ATPs, I have about 24k on them. They have gotten slightly louder, but not enough to be intrusive. My only real gripe is that dry traction could be better. On the other hand, I've been really impressed with how well they grab on snow.

I have the STMaxx in 305-60/18. They. Fit on the stock wheels without a lift and didn't rub. I've since put king shocks on it and it's lifted in the front an inch and a half or so.

Off road traction is excellent. Regular AT tires can't perform as well as these off road. On road traction is down from a street tire.

They're noisy. Any tire with this much void area is going to be noisy. Maybe not when new. But 10,000 miles and they start to show their stuff.

Would I buy them again? Maybe. Ideally I'd like to have a street set for most of the year and another set for hunting.

I have the ATP in 275/55/20 in on stock 20" wheels. I love the look of this tire. I just put them on last week, so I can't rate them in the snow in this size, but from previous experience, I had the ATP on my Durango and they were outstanding in the winter.

ATP road noise is a little more than the stock goodyears, but you have to expect that going from a street tire to an AT tire. GY calls the SRA an AT tire, I disagree.

Someone told me that the ATP is going away. I was going to email Cooper today to see if that was true. AT3 is a very very similar tire to the ATP. ATP is just a Discount Tire exclusive.

20150415_120725_zpssphfgpvg.jpg

On my Avalanches, I used the APTs and was very happy with them, on and light off road. No experience with the snow because I live in a town next to hell, some call it Houston. Lol

I have the ATP in 275/55/20 in on stock 20" wheels. I love the look of this tire. I just put them on last week, so I can't rate them in the snow in this size, but from previous experience, I had the ATP on my Durango and they were outstanding in the winter.

ATP road noise is a little more than the stock goodyears, but you have to expect that going from a street tire to an AT tire. GY calls the SRA an AT tire, I disagree.

Someone told me that the ATP is going away. I was going to email Cooper today to see if that was true. AT3 is a very very similar tire to the ATP. ATP is just a Discount Tire exclusive.

20150415_120725_zpssphfgpvg.jpg

Any side pictures of the tires?

Archived