Skyjacker 4" lift

Not a very good picture, was in a hurry before a salesman came out.

Haha, yes, the pesky salesmen haha. Thanks for the picture though, I really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually looking at the Rough Country 4.75" combo. I've come to the conclusion I either need the 4.75" or 5" suspension to avoid any rubbing with the wheels and tires I want. The 4" lift alone would be high enough if I had a normal offset but the -24 offset I'm going with will require a little more lift I think.

Yeah sometime ill slap on that rough country 1.25 body lift. Then ill throw some more pictures up, see what kind of difference thatll make for the looks.

Man, I really hate my indecisiveness sometimes! After talking to Skyjacker they seem to think I will be fine with the 4". Would you mind posting measurements from the ground to the wheel well if you have a few free minutes?

What size tire are you going with? When i first lifted my truck i had 305/55r20s on american racing rims and they stuck out alot more then these stock rims/tires (295/70r18) and i didnt have any rubbing issues. I'll try to get some fender measures pics taken.

Also, the skyjacker is a good lift but if i had it to do over again i probably would have went with zone 4.5 lift, for just a little more height.

What size tire are you going with? When i first lifted my truck i had 305/55r20s on american racing rims and they stuck out alot more then these stock rims/tires (295/70r18) and i didnt have any rubbing issues. I'll try to get some fender measures pics taken.

I will be running 305/55R20 Toyo AT II's on Moto Metal 970 wheels. The wheels are 20x10 with a negative 24 offset. The offset is what makes me worry about the rub. I have looked hard at the zone 4.5 but I really don't like all of the cutting that needs to be done. I realize that with any true suspension lift there will be cutting of the OEM parts of the truck, but it seems like the zone 4.5 requires more than the Skyjacker 4" or the Rough County 5" to include cutting parts of the differential. I've also started to consider the Rough Country 4.75" combo to avoid going past the "point of no return" and cutting pieces of my frame (not to mention it's almost half the price). And with the 1.25" body lift the gaps would be relatively easy to hide. I feel like a spoiled, picky little sh*t head haha. I want to be able to run my tires and rims without rub but I don't want the truck to be too high and take away from the drivability of it (I put on a lot of miles). At the same time I'm a little scared to start making permanent modifications to my first brand new truck. It doesn't help that my wheels are on back order giving me time to change my mind every other day. Pretty soon I'll have to man up and make a decision.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever add the 1.25" body lift? I have a 3.5" lift and I've been thinking about adding the 1.25" body lift.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's what I will be doing. (3.5+1.25 BL). Here are some pictures of another forum member who has the setup. f5daeffe06ac8316c3ee10f8e518a485.jpgdbe282e9b7e9ebc20d38cc5e37e01142.jpgfd7b8cd017b33c5e577d4883baaf4a35.jpg8cdb42e34af31f80378f951bc688de99.jpge8bb03bf4070ad5a1a45c6ac6e743bb1.jpg

That looks good!! I'llbe doing it for sure now.

How many miles do you have on your 3.5? It's been difficult to find feedback from guys that have run it for a decent amount of time. I'm assuming that by adding to it with the body lift you are satisfied so far?

Ive got the body lift still sitting in the box 10 feet from the truck. Think maybe one of these rainy days ill put it on. I'll throw some pics of first thing when i get it done. Also ill say that on my previous truck (2011 silverado) i ran the 3.5" kit for 30,000 miles with no problems. I greased the front end every 3000 miles and it was good to go.

Archived