Diablo Tune ?????

Look, everyone is getting a little off topic. My point is nobody knows for a fact if these tunes can or can't be seen when GM takes a deeper look. I used the "blow the bottom end " scenario as a worst case issue. DUH.

So here lets start all over. Does any single tuner company or individual give a written guarantee that their tunes will not trip the flash counter or cannot be seen by GM and possibly give GM any reason to void your warranty?

Hell the only reason I want a tune is to turn off AFM, TQ mngt, better throttle response, and fix the banging parts bucket GM calls a transmission. But I have bought Three 2014s and the first two were lemons and one was a buyback from GM. I don't feel like taking a chance on wasting my warranty on someones " Oh yeah, GM can never see our tunes" The day a tuner puts their money where their mouth is I will have a tune the next day. Not wasting my time on this topic any more, I gotta get back to LUSTER"S and SPURSHOT"s BBQ thread. :thumbs:

Look, everyone is getting a little off topic. My point is nobody knows for a fact if these tunes can or can't be seen when GM takes a deeper look. I used the "blow the bottom end " scenario as a worst case issue. DUH.

So here lets start all over. Does any single tuner company or individual give a written guarantee that their tunes will not trip the flash counter or cannot be seen by GM and possibly give GM any reason to void your warranty?

Hell the only reason I want a tune is to turn off AFM, TQ mngt, better throttle response, and fix the banging parts bucket GM calls a transmission. But I have bought Three 2014s and the first two were lemons and one was a buyback from GM. I don't feel like taking a chance on wasting my warranty on someones " Oh yeah, GM can never see our tunes" The day a tuner puts their money where their mouth is I will have a tune the next day. Not wasting my time on this topic any more, I gotta get back to LUSTER"S and SPURSHOT"s BBQ thread. :thumbs:

In the same line of thinking, and I am new here, but I haven't found any credible posts yet where anyone was busted from having just a tune and being denied a warranty claim. If there is such a thread, please accept my apology.

In the same line of thinking, and I am new here, but I haven't found any credible posts yet where anyone was busted from having just a tune and being denied a warranty claim. If there is such a thread, please accept my apology.

Honestly there is allot of conflicting information. Diablo is the only company out of all the handheld tuners that makes this claim. Whether its true or not we really won't know until there is a warranty claim. What we do know is that GM is very strict on any engine/drivetrain warranty claims and has a service bulletin out that requires techs to screen shot ECM/TCM files to prove that there was no alterations made.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/171744-2014-silverado-with-62-19000-miles-bottom-end-of-engine-exploded-in/?p=1616715

The guy above thew a rod on his pretty new 6.2 and GM gave him hell over his aftermarket K&n intake. It is safe to say that GM will try to deny a warranty claim if they see any thing that isn't stock and engine/drivetrain related. While the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act will protect us from certain modifications, a tune is not one of those.

Something to think about is the term GM. Alot of people say GM screwed me/tried to screw me...bla...bla... GM is a very vague entity or term if you will. As a person who works at a dealership, we us the word GM referring to some one else besides us the dealership. Alot of what people are referring to in other posts is the dealership, no necessarily GM. At our dealership, I try to take care of people the best I can and do what I can within GMs guidelines. The problem comes when a dealership, for what ever reason(s), trys to denie a repair and states that GM is saying no. Heck, I can, (and have) clay bar somebodies car under the 3/36 warranty if I want. It's a matter of a dealership knowing what GM will allow and willing to do what ever they can for someone, not to try and do as little as they have to for someone.

• 3 weeks later...

Something to think about is the term GM. Alot of people say GM screwed me/tried to screw me...bla...bla... GM is a very vague entity or term if you will. As a person who works at a dealership, we us the word GM referring to some one else besides us the dealership. Alot of what people are referring to in other posts is the dealership, no necessarily GM. At our dealership, I try to take care of people the best I can and do what I can within GMs guidelines. The problem comes when a dealership, for what ever reason(s), trys to denie a repair and states that GM is saying no. Heck, I can, (and have) clay bar somebodies car under the 3/36 warranty if I want. It's a matter of a dealership knowing what GM will allow and willing to do what ever they can for someone, not to try and do as little as they have to for someone.

Wish you worked in N. AL. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I love the BBQ thread, Best Thread ever!!!!

Honestly there is allot of conflicting information. Diablo is the only company out of all the handheld tuners that makes this claim. Whether its true or not we really won't know until there is a warranty claim. What we do know is that GM is very strict on any engine/drivetrain warranty claims and has a service bulletin out that requires techs to screen shot ECM/TCM files to prove that there was no alterations made.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/171744-2014-silverado-with-62-19000-miles-bottom-end-of-engine-exploded-in/?p=1616715

The guy above thew a rod on his pretty new 6.2 and GM gave him hell over his aftermarket K&n intake. It is safe to say that GM will try to deny a warranty claim if they see any thing that isn't stock and engine/drivetrain related. While the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act will protect us from certain modifications, a tune is not one of those.

Not sure if you saw it, but jaws52 posted this (related to your link)...

"have a couple tech friends. went in and looked at and took a screen shot of what the data they turn in looked like.. flashed the computer with the diablo. went back in and looked at it all again and NOTHING changed. NOT ONE THING.. take that as you will.. im confident it wouldnt be found IF i had issues."

I take it his tech friends were GM dealership techs.

Archived