rally edition

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those of you with the Rally Ed. Are the stripes painted on or just graphics? I asked my dealer how much they would charge me to add the rally stripes and was

quoted $499 :noway: .

GM has always been very proud of their stickers. I would assume you can get a vinyl graphics company to make them for less put they must look for the details If you look closely if you look closely the stripes on the hood aren't exactly square/rectangle. They taper (get narrower towards the front) to follow the body line on the hood. Also the inside stripe is flat while the thin outside strip is gloss or maybe satin. ,

GM has always been very proud of their stickers. I would assume you can get a vinyl graphics company to make them for less put they must look for the details If you look closely if you look closely the stripes on the hood aren't exactly square/rectangle. They taper (get narrower towards the front) to follow the body line on the hood. Also the inside stripe is flat while the thin outside strip is gloss or maybe satin. ,

That's good info. I've yet to see a Rally in person. Only pictures. I really like the look and have yet to see another one here in Vegas. Going to get the black wheel skins to finish the look. Guess its time to start asking around for other quotes.

Saw these listed on the net: http://www.moproauto.com/rally-1500-2014-2015-rally-edition-style-chevy-silverado-vinyl-graphic-decal-racing-stripe-kit/?gclid=CN7I0begusYCFQ4paQodxLcIwA

Just wonder what the life is on graphics. Thinking flat orange would set off GMC bronze metallic.

Typical GM. They did not offer the Rally Edition in a regular cab, so I made my own. GM also does not offer the 6.2 in a regular cab. I am working on that.

11301483_448386875320767_344931058_n.jpg

11303426_448012035358251_1874096759_n_1.

11297907_448012988691489_1704333908_n%20

Typical GM. They did not offer the Rally Edition in a regular cab, so I made my own. GM also does not offer the 6.2 in a regular cab. I am working on that.

Looks good!

Saw these listed on the net: http://www.moproauto.com/rally-1500-2014-2015-rally-edition-style-chevy-silverado-vinyl-graphic-decal-racing-stripe-kit/?gclid=CN7I0begusYCFQ4paQodxLcIwA

Just wonder what the life is on graphics. Thinking flat orange would set off GMC bronze metallic.

Thanks for the links. Those stripes in the pics look good and pretty close to OEM. Only thing I couldn't tell was if they outside stripe was the same as the inside stripe or not. Still that looks like a nice set for someone that wants the look but doesn't care about the OEM details. I like that you can get different colors where GM only offers Black.

Thanks for the links. Those stripes in the pics look good and pretty close to OEM. Only thing I couldn't tell was if they outside stripe was the same as the inside stripe or not. Still that looks like a nice set for someone that wants the look but doesn't care about the OEM details. I like that you can get different colors where GM only offers Black.

And for only $200 for the stripes, I could pay somebody to 'professionally' put them on and still save money over the dealer. I guess my only concern will be how long they will last. What's the warranty/guarantee on the OEM stripes?

I purchased this stripe kit. The vinyl is made by Oracle. It cost me $95 for the flat black hood, and tailgate kit shipped, and $150 to have it installed. Compared to the factory stripes, these are better fitting IMO. The factory stripes do not go to the edge of the hood bulge, where these do. And I noticed the factory tailgate stripes are centered between the bow tie, and edge of the tailgate. I made sure these were spaced to match the hood. Then I added the red pinstripe to make it stand out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rally-Edition-Style-Stripes-2014-2015-Silverado-1500-/221713736406

Just got my rally a week ago. This package just really appeals to me. I started looking for one about a month ago. They seem to be hard to find. I was under the impression all were crew cabs until we found this one.

b640a412d9b48ca8d52d306ca2e37b84_zpsx5ef

8cfe22b00e4a1b78f44616ae3b9ff4ec_zpsvbk0

It has Rally 1 with all star package. 5.3, 17" wheels , bed liner etc.. I just added the bed cover.

ad7c3c744155144d374b9e8c8d19806b_zps6zhv

I purchased this stripe kit. The vinyl is made by Oracle. It cost me $95 for the flat black hood, and tailgate kit shipped, and $150 to have it installed. Compared to the factory stripes, these are better fitting IMO. The factory stripes do not go to the edge of the hood bulge, where these do. And I noticed the factory tailgate stripes are centered between the bow tie, and edge of the tailgate. I made sure these were spaced to match the hood. Then I added the red pinstripe to make it stand out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rally-Edition-Style-Stripes-2014-2015-Silverado-1500-/221713736406

As hemipowered22z noted above, do these taper like the OEM stripes? Could you possibly take a 'top down' picture of your hood so I can see them better?

Just got my rally a week ago. This package just really appeals to me. I started looking for one about a month ago. They seem to be hard to find. I was under the impression all were crew cabs until we found this one.

b640a412d9b48ca8d52d306ca2e37b84_zpsx5ef

Beautiful! Along with adding stripes and wheel skins, going to drop & level mine as well.

As hemipowered22z noted above, do these taper like the OEM stripes? Could you possibly take a 'top down' picture of your hood so I can see them better?

This detail is so minor that I bet almost anyone would never be able to tell if not. From the pictures Ive seen on both kits they look pretty good and really close.

Archived