rally edition

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought a Rally2 on Friday. 2wd 5.3 w/308 gears. Shooting for MPGees. Will be using it to tow my Mitsu Evo and soon to be aluminum trailer to track days etc. Also I plan on lowering it 4/6 or maybe even bagging it. I live in Chicago and besides the winter, I could not justify the price for 4WD. Thinking good tires and the eaton locker will suffice. Time will tell.

truck_zpsappcrs4o.jpg

Just bought a Rally2 on Friday. 2wd 5.3 w/308 gears. Shooting for MPGees. Will be using it to tow my Mitsu Evo and soon to be aluminum trailer to track days etc. Also I plan on lowering it 4/6 or maybe even bagging it. I live in Chicago and besides the winter, I could not justify the price for 4WD. Thinking good tires and the eaton locker will suffice. Time will tell.

truck_zpsappcrs4o.jpg

Nice. How those stripes look on black

They look pretty sweet. Almost a ghost effect. Not as eye catching as the other colors offered. Truck is black on black on black which is pretty neat if you ask me.

I found on Saturday that the truck is about 2" too long to fit in the garage though. Not real happy about this.

They look pretty sweet. Almost a ghost effect. Not as eye catching as the other colors offered. Truck is black on black on black which is pretty neat if you ask me.

I found on Saturday that the truck is about 2" too long to fit in the garage though. Not real happy about this.

Oh no! That sucks!!

It may sound lame, a guy my wife works with bought a new boat and it was long enough on the trailer that the outdrive hit the wall before the tongue of the trailer was inside. What he did was box out a back section of the garage wall to make a pocket for the outdrive to fit into, problem solved. Just built a header in the wall like you were going to add a window and then build a box on the side and had it tie backinto the foundation so the "footprint" of the garage didn't change. I bet you could do something like that for the rear bumper/bed if you wanted to always back in.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 4wd Rally 2 w/3.42s. I like it. My truck also came with the blacked out 4x4 logo which I love. When the dealer fist told me he had a silver one with stripes I didn't seem to enthused but I told him Id look at it anyways. when I did I actually liked it. I get a lot of complements on the stripes and Once a blacked out my badges everything came together for me. The one thing I wish they would have done is put stripes on the roof to match. Since Ive lifted mine it doesn't bother me as much now.

2014chevy_zps2b5f78df.jpg

IMG_20141110_140803_549_zpsfc2e4f4e.jpg

IMG_20141110_140844_912_zpsba838546.jpg

I really dig these looked at white and silver in person, really liked the silver. Now after seeing the black I REALLY like that! But the wife hated the stripes and I was able to get a better deal on a Rainforest Green z71 LT so thats the direction I went. But these things look pretty darn good

Mine is not a rally but the stripes are the gm ones I took grief over on this forum about 6 months ago. I like my truck,maybe gm will come out with a sportier Colorado for a company truck in addition to this daily driver. I gotta admit,,, the new 2015 ford kings ranch are nice !

I have a 4wd Rally 2 w/3.42s. I like it. My truck also came with the blacked out 4x4 logo which I love. When the dealer fist told me he had a silver one with stripes I didn't seem to enthused but I told him Id look at it anyways. when I did I actually liked it. I get a lot of complements on the stripes and Once a blacked out my badges everything came together for me. The one thing I wish they would have done is put stripes on the roof to match. Since Ive lifted mine it doesn't bother me as much now.

2014chevy_zps2b5f78df.jpg

IMG_20141110_140803_549_zpsfc2e4f4e.jpg

IMG_20141110_140844_912_zpsba838546.jpg

I was wondering how they would look lifted. looks good! what did you go with for a lift and tires?

Not to bring back dead thread I bought the red only wish it came in crew cab

6515F4D5-75E7-4F0D-B6A8-1A7C9A24BFA5.jpg

whoa, more pics. I love the look of that red

Archived