ProjectSummit build

nadrojcote

LED Headlights? Wow. You got a pic of the final result?

I was thinking maybe a 194 bulb or something. You can usually buy the bulb sockets anywhere or chop them off a car at a junkyard, or even a 3156 like the 88-98 trucks used under the dash.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I took my truck over some speed bumps last night that used to make my truck thump before I got my control arms. No more thump, ball joint angles are much better and I'm far from hitting the stops.

I also forgot to post a picture of what I did with my window trim. I used some satin black krylon fusion instead of messing around trying to find someone to trade me. I think it gives it a nice look being semi glossy, Slightly higher quality looking than the flat black OE window trim found on base model trucks.

gallery_140298_3275_980529.jpg

When you did the window trim, after taking them off (I'm gonna take a guess that you took them off before painting) and tape off anything that wasn't chrome or did you just paint everything?

When you did the window trim, after taking them off (I'm gonna take a guess that you took them off before painting) and tape off anything that wasn't chrome or did you just paint everything?

I took them off and put some tape over the window seal part and painted the entire thing.

Before installing my diablosport I thought it would improve my shifting. I had very lagging and clunky shifting. It was still doing this with the diablo even on firm shift settings, so I got looking into it more and found out that I have axle wrap due to my worn out rear leafs. I clamped the leafs tonight about 6" in front of the axle and it helped drastically. My truck now shifts super firm, theres still a bit of a clunk going into 3rd though.

med_gallery_140298_3345_4185825.jpg

Truck has almost 80,000kms on it and lots of it was rough country roads from the previous owner. I've spent a lot of time cleaning and detailing out the dust and replacing parts to make it ride like new. Including cleaning and painting the frame.

20150510 110506

20150510 110348

20150510 105505

20150510 105542

Tires are 305/45r22 hankook dynapro ATM's putting them on some 22x9.5 Dub Ballers.

20150504 191412

Lookin good! This is the first body style truck I've seen that I think 22s look right. Most of the time in the past they've looked too big. This body style was meant for at least 20s. There's a dude around here with 26s.. looks a bit odd.. I think 22 is as large as I'd go.

Frame work looks nice too. My truck has some rust underneath it. I bought it with 25k miles on it. has 36k now. it has a fair share of scratches, paint chips, and just today I noticed a spidering effect on the bumper cap on the driver side. :(

This thing is gonna look 10 years old before its a year old.

I dunno if they just dont make em like they used to or..??

Thanks!The bumpers chip really easy, I have a touch up pen and I fill in all chips when I see them, I may get a clear 3m type coating put over top.

All you can do now is clean it up and take care of it as long as you have it. I wash my truck about twice a week and that includes the suspension and under carriage.

Thanks!The bumpers chip really easy, I have a touch up pen and I fill in all chips when I see them, I may get a clear 3m type coating put over top.

All you can do now is clean it up and take care of it as long as you have it. I wash my truck about twice a week and that includes the suspension and under carriage.

Damn you have a lot of time on your hands. Want to come wash mine? Lol

Archived