Gibson Exhaust

So I recieved my Gibson Exhuast Tuesday. It was delivered to my parents house. So it's sitting in my parent's garage and I haven't even had time to stop by. Between work and my daughter I do not even know when it is going to be installed. Hoping this weekend, but it seems packed with things to do also. Crossing my fingers.

Okay heres the update. I took the Gibson exhaust home to get it out of my dad's garage. Upon examining the box I noticed the end of the box had been ripped loose and retaped and a large tear down the side which had also been retaped. Well working of UPS... it happends. I've never had this happen with Fed Ex. I mean things were beat up, but never in this bad of shape. So I opened it up and started sifting through the remnants. I was missing the muffler, 5 clamps and the 1 hanger and 1 rubber grommet. The only thing in the box was the intermediate pipe, 2 tail pipes, 2 tailpipe extensions and the 2 Stainless Steel tips. So needles to say a phone call was made and a whole new system is being shipped to my parents location.

Here is a question for everyone who has this Gibson or any Gibson exhaust. Does ya's intermediate pipe have a ball end on it for the ball clamp to connect to the original location. Or is ya's intermediate pipe a straight pipe with no ball on the end?

• 3 weeks later...

OKay,

The update. So I finally got to install the Gibson exhaust. It sounds pretty dam good. Not quite what I expected, but wanting somehting different it is exactly what I got. Looks goods and the sound level in the cab is great.

Just 1 question: Has anyone notice that thier truck didn't rev up as quick with this system on it or is it just me?

Now I am also running the stock factory tune also and No CAI or MIT. So I know this is the part were everyone types get a tune done and it will be totally different. But I am asking if anyone running a stock tune, noticed what I have noticed?

That's strange. I had my CAI done the same time but didn't tune for a few weeks and didn't notice a change in how it rev'd up.

I jacked the truck up, put jack stands under the frame in front of the rear wheels. Lowered the rear axel with a 4x4 block of wood under each rear tire to keep the shocks from over extending. Then removed the spare tire. Unbolted the intermediatre pipe after I popped all the rubber mounts loose. Then me and my dad pulled the whole stock system out as 1 piece. Then commenced putting the Gibson on as the instructions said to do. Everything was easy until the tail pipe extentions then it was just lining them up. Then we had to cut them to length for the SS tips. Everything lined up pretty good.

You can do it. I just took some notes from others on the forum here and combined them all. The easiest is to use a saw zall and cut in sections to remove.

I just wanted it all in 1 piece just in case I wanted to reinstall after the system rusts out or if I just got tired of it/ or maybe some one would want to buy/ trade it from me. All else fails paperweight, boat anchor or scrap for sale.

Are you considering the split rear or side exit. The side exit I imagine would be easier. I just prefer the split rear exit.

Either way you can do it.

You could always try to remove your spare tire and try to wiggle the whole exhaust out that away. I could have got it out by myself, but prefered the help. Infact I think 1 person didn't jack his truck up at all and just removed the spare and installed the side exit system.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived