Cant speak for MG (I love their lowering kits) but I run a 7" RCX and have had no problems at all. Very happy with it

Post pic

Here's my baby as she sits of yesterday

5acd2415fc64b569ed3615af6c7fb911.jpg

My Current Setup,2014 Silverado 2LT Z71,RCX 2.5 Level Kit,NittoTerra 33x12.50R20Lt's,Fuel - Octane D509 20x9 -12 Offset,All Chrome Plasti-Diped

My Up Coming Mod's,McGhauphy's 7"-9" Economy Lift Kit,Federal Couragia M/T's 35x12.50R20Lt's,OEM Tow Mirror's,Bushwaker OE Fender Flairs,Gtr Lighting Led Conversion Kit's 2,200 Lumen(High,Low,Fog),Black Spyder Venom Bull Bar,Iron Cross HD Step's.

• 3 weeks later...

The rough country doesn't widen your track with at all like all other knuckle lifts. Helps stuff tires

This true. Another thing I like about the RCX kit is that it uses factory struts and knuckles keeping the ride quality close to stock. I constantly get compliments on how smooth my truck rides.

So far I am huge fan of the McGaughy's lift but I HIGHLY receommedn going with only the SS kit, don't go with the basic or economy lift, the SS is plenty reasonable for 9" of lift. Also, get the Bilstein upgrades for the shocks and struts, mine rides almost as well as the 6" lift I had with full coilovers.

• 1 month later...

Hey just curious how tall the mastercrafts measure with the tape measure?

I don't remember exactly but they spec out a lil bit small compared to the Nitto Trails. They're website says 34.69" I run a 20x10 (-19) and have no rubbing with no trimming at all. NONE! I have been really happy with them. I think for the money they are a great buy. They're made by Cooper. I wish they offered them in a 37x12.50r20 I guess I will have to go to the Nittos or the Toyos when I move up.

Edited by hemipowered22z

I need some input. I am going to buy a Rough Country 5" lift but am wondering which is the better route for me. I want to retain my stock 20" rims but run the largest tire at the same time.

Question is whether to buy the Bracket lift or the Knuckle lift.

I need some input. I am going to buy a Rough Country 5" lift but am wondering which is the better route for me. I want to retain my stock 20" rims but run the largest tire at the same time.

Question is whether to buy the Bracket lift or the Knuckle lift.

What do you mean bracket lift or knuckle lift? If you order the RCX 5 inch it will come with everything you need. Just curious why the 5 and not the 7 they are the same price and the same amount of work? A RCX 5 inch with a stock wheel should clear a 295/60r20 pretty easily which is basically 35x12.00r20. Stock wheels allow you to run a larger tire with a smaller lift. Your brand tire can affect what rubs and what doesn't rub because tires spec out different. A 35x12.50 Nitto Trail for instance actually measures almost 36x13.

Disregard my last post. RCX has added some options since I ordered my lift. I would do the bracket lift IMO its what I run on mine. this keeps your trac width the same as stock. if you do the knuckle lift it pushes your tires out a tad further which sometimes could be the difference between rubbing and not.

Thanks for the informative reply. The only reason I don't want the 7" is only due to not wanting my truck to be that tall.

I get that. Either way you go knuckles or not I think you will be happy. That 295/60 is plenty of tire.