So I wish too debate which lift is better, since they very close in price. Who is running what tire setup with which lift and how they have use the setup as well. Also how they feel the ride is with the lift and tire an wheel set up you have. I am leaning toward the McGauphys due too I want to run it at 8"s with 35x12.50R20Lt's. POST PIC's OF YOU'R SET UP.

I've heard a lot of complaints on the interwebs about the McGaughy's struts they give you. Supposedly they redesigned the bushing (they would loosen up after a few hundred miles). Most guys were going with Bilstein coilovers as replacements

I feel certain that the countless times this has been covered here contains real reviews, and you literally have another thread with the same question. All that does is make it harder for people to search.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/170215-mcgauphys-7-9-economy-lift-kit-vs-rough-country-7-lift-kit/

Edited by Blackout07

Um one idk how to delete that one

Two it didn't put the whole thread title I wanted, so keep being a **** to me an see what's up dude there's no reason for you to be talking down to me or trying to belittle me.

The lift is quality. I have the Black SS lift. I wanted the Mcgaughy's because of the full 7" drop. I do have issues with the strut bushings though, my first set were complete junk, they were far too soft and the same with the second set that is now in the truck. I called the other day and I have 2 new struts with the "upgraded" bushing that will be here Monday. I will keep this updated. Also the only thing other than the bushings that I noticed was that even though the full 7" drop is great for ride quality and easy on the front end, the front drive shaft now suffers from a pretty steep angle. The transfer case side at the u joint is where the problem is, it does have a vibration in 4wd. I do see that there are after market shafts out there to correct this problem though. Add is to the list! lol

DSC_0131_zps5ab1f0d1.jpg

A96FFF10-72C9-400C-AE99-503AF0C9A253_zps

AC606A5E-6784-4659-9895-EA2BFFAD5F9B_zps

Edited by John_chadra1
  • Like 5

The lift is quality. I have the Black SS lift. I wanted the Mcgaughy's because of the full 7" drop. I do have issues with the strut bushings though, my first set were complete junk, they were far too soft and the same with the second set that is now in the truck. I called the other day and I have 2 new struts with the "upgraded" bushing that will be here Monday. I will keep this updated. Also the only thing other than the bushings that I noticed was that even though the full 7" drop is great for ride quality and easy on the front end, the front drive shaft now suffers from a pretty steep angle. The transfer case side at the u joint is where the problem is, it does have a vibration in 4wd. I do see that there are after market shafts out there to correct this problem though. Add is to the list! lol

DSC_0131_zps5ab1f0d1.jpg

They are called double cardan or CV shafts. They have 2 u joints on the transfer case side. Have one on my 02 with a McGaughy's lift
  • Like 2

DSC_0131_zps5ab1f0d1.jpg

Love this color

Man good looking truck

• Like 1

Another thread asking roughly the same question? These questions and more can be answered with the search feature.

Why bother to read it and then take more time to reply? No one's forcing you to read it and take a test afterwards. LOL

• Like 1

Ive got 2014 double cab 7inch rough country. With 35 12.50 17(i like the meaty tire look) dick cepek mud countries on vission warrior wheels and i love it im tryin to post pic

• Like 1

They are called double cardan or CV shafts. They have 2 u joints on the transfer case side. Have one on my 02 with a McGaughy's lift

Where did you get yours and how much was it? Is it slightly longer than the stock shaft?