How is your 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 Engine working out for ya?

2 people said I said fact then offered opinions. The only fact I was stating is there is a reason it's the base engine. People seem to think that's an opinion.

What makes its a base engine? I agree its a base engine, but not because its underpowered, because its cheaper.

You seem to think because its a base engine, that, that means it is underpowered, thats false.

20 minutes ago, kwOH said:

What makes its a base engine? I agree its a base engine, but not because its underpowered, because its cheaper.

You seem to think because its a base engine, that, that means it is underpowered, thats false.

Base engine is base engine... I dont care if it's cheaper or less powerful. But the lower tow ratings for it prove it's less powerful and underpowered.

7 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

Base engine is base engine... I dont care if it's cheaper or less powerful. But the lower tow ratings for it prove it's less powerful and underpowered.

https://my.gm.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2015/chevrolet/equinox/CH-CAT-10217126_MY15 US Trailering Guide_122215.pdf

Wrong again. Go to page #9. You will find that there are combinations for the 4.3 that out tow some combinations of 5.3. 

Again. Reread the name of this thread. You don't have a 4.3. Never owned a 4.3. You have no valid opinion and your facts are in fact are proving to be wrong as well. Find some other thread. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 3

I love my 14 RCSB 2wd 4.3. I don’t tow, but do haul pretty regularly for work, and for around the house stuff. I live and work in the city, so the RCSB helps with small areas to maneuver. I don’t really “off-road” or drive it much in the winter, so no need for 4 wheel drive. Best of all I get 20mpgs around town all day. It fits my needs to a tee. I have an awd crossover for the wife, kids, travel, and snow.

And to add, Im not a small person, so a Colorado was not and option.

10 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

https://my.gm.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2015/chevrolet/equinox/CH-CAT-10217126_MY15 US Trailering Guide_122215.pdf

Wrong again. Go to page #9. You will find that there are combinations for the 4.3 that out tow some combinations of 5.3. 

Again. Reread the name of this thread. You don't have a 4.3. Never owned a 4.3. You have no valid opinion and your facts are in fact are proving to be wrong as well. Find some other thread. 

Some combinations... vs some combinations... that just closes the book huh. Have you driven a 3.08 5.3? It is a dog... so I'm glad your comparing the 4.3 to that. Apples and apples, dog vs dog.

But since yall cant take a little heat, I'll leave yall alone. On with the 4.3 lovers thread!

Some combinations... vs some combinations... that just closes the book huh. Have you driven a 3.08 5.3? It is a dog... so I'm glad your comparing the 4.3 to that. Apples and apples, dog vs dog.
But since yall cant take a little heat, I'll leave yall alone. On with the 4.3 lovers thread!

A 355 HP truck is a dog that’s just too rich. Some people just like to be a$$holes. Configurations make a big difference anyone with a brain knows that. A 4.3 on E-85 single cap with a 373 gear probably would give a 6.2 a run. It’s preference vs usefulness. Nobody’s wrong, there’s just idiocy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

A 355 HP truck is a dog that’s just too rich. Some people just like to be a$$holes. Configurations make a big difference anyone with a brain knows that. A 4.3 on E-85 single cap with a 373 gear probably would give a 6.2 a run. It’s preference vs usefulness. Nobody’s wrong, there’s just idiocy.

You can't reason with trolls KARNUT. 

This guy can't even read a thread title. This thread has nothing to do with comparisons.

• Like 1

You can't reason with trolls KARNUT. 

This guy can't even read a thread title. This thread has nothing to do with comparisons.

Sometimes my panties get in a wad. The only reason I bought V-8s mostly was sound with exhaust. Once I went quite I didn’t care what’s under the hood. They all can accelerate and pass with ease, stock. After all we spend most our time with the CC at speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

That's right it's all in the configuration. And I'm telling you a 5.3 with a 3.08 is a freaking dog. It can have all the power it wants, but without the right gearing it feels gutless.

I love how your comparison is a 3.73 single cab on e85. According to the chart provided by grumpy they dont make a 3.73 4.3. And your opting for the most powerful version of a 4.3 being on e85... so your saying on regular gas it's not good enough. Everyone's comparison of 4.3 power is saying on e85... that's got to say something right there.

I tried to leave. Yall keep quoting and attacking me personally. My only attack is with the 4.3. 

That's right it's all in the configuration. And I'm telling you a 5.3 with a 3.08 is a freaking dog. It can have all the power it wants, but without the right gearing it feels gutless.

I love how your comparison is a 3.73 single cab on e85. According to the chart provided by grumpy they dont make a 3.73 4.3. And your opting for the most powerful version of a 4.3 being on e85... so your saying on regular gas it's not good enough. Everyone's comparison of 4.3 power is saying on e85... that's got to say something right there.

I tried to leave. Yall keep quoting and attacking me personally. My only attack is with the 4.3. 

Gee, I wonder how a 4.3 would stack up against an 04 YukonXL? By,By.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

One more time: 

How is your 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 Engine working out for ya?

See that in red? YOUR 4.3? Do you speak and understand English? It's NOT asking you about your opinion. It's asking you about your experience with it and you have none

:wtf:

• Like 3

Lol, I'm sure he does this on 5.3 threads as well. Some people just have a need to justify their own choices by putting down others. A bigger is better kind of mentality.

On another note, I'd like to reiterate how much I love my 4.3 as it was the best choice for ME and my lifestyle. I drive a 2018 5.3 for work and I honestly wouldn't trade if I had the choice. The difference is minimal to me in day to day driving.

• Like 2

I like my 4.3 but neither it nor the 5.3 on E85 even in a regular cab would touch a stock crew cab 6.2.I dont say this to start a debate but rather because I know the numbers and its not even close.The biggest downside with the V6 is mainly related to configuration because it is the base motor and you cant get them with the 8speed max tow packages.Those packages offer better engine ratios that really wake up these trucks alot.Also if your a tinkerer like myself it doesnt really matter if you have a 1000 hp big block or weedeater for a powertrain because you will always want to do mods and make things your own.Things like the built in throttle delay, sluggish shift pattern, flapper valve exhaust, chevy shake, oil consumption, and annoying cylinder deactivation plagued all the Silverados.Once you remedy most of those niggles they are all different vehicles to drive.

Edited by WHITESSTOWPIG

1 hour ago, WHITESSTOWPIG said:

I like my 4.3 but neither it nor the 5.3 on E85 even in a regular cab would touch a stock crew cab 6.2.I dont say this to start a debate but rather because I know the numbers and its not even close.The biggest downside with the V6 is mainly related to configuration because it is the base motor and you cant get them with the 8speed max tow packages.Those packages offer better engine ratios that really wake up these trucks alot.Also if your a tinkerer like myself it doesnt really matter if you have a 1000 hp big block or weedeater for a powertrain because you will always want to do mods and make things your own.Things like the built in throttle delay, sluggish shift pattern, flapper valve exhaust, chevy shake, oil consumption, and annoying cylinder deactivation plagued all the Silverados.Once you remedy most of those niggles they are all different vehicles to drive.

You bring up a good point about powertrain configurations.   It was mentioned earlier where in some situations the 4.3 is rated to pull (and carry) more than certain configurations with a 5.3.  I was kicking tires yesterday and came across a 2020 SLE with a 5.3 - 10 speed -3.42 gears.  It was a max tow, of course, and had the tow mirrors.  (Very nice truck!)   GM changed the gear ratio of the max tow when they changed the transmission.  I already have the 3.42 but wonder what my six's tow rating would be with a 10 spd? or 3.73 gears?   GM offers a variety of combinations that will maximize sales while still meeting efficiency targets.  A lot of talk about engine size is really about powertrain. I chuckle when I think of my '85 SuperCab with a longer wheelbase than my current crewcab.  It was a lighter truck but it had 122 hp L6 mated to a 4spd manual with 3.08 gears.  That truck was great on the job or on the highway!  The belief that bigger is better has manufacturers competing to a achieve the higher numbers. . Comments on this thread often reflect a person buying into this type marketing.  We sometimes like to muddy the waters by justifying a want as a need.

• Thanks 1