shock upgrade for the smoothest ride

Guys I kind of find this pathetic...of course you have off road shocks on a road queen. I have an all terrain and yes it bumps over bad roads but you hit some ruts or drive crappy gravel and I think it handles great! This is a truck!! Not a damn car!!! This is the reason you can't put anything in the bed anymore because the springs are so soft! They need Nancy versions of trucks and real trucks. Rant over

thcoffeescreen.gif

Honesty.jpg

I have the fully equipped Nancy edition. :lol:

Not trying to be a dick but I mean it is a truck...like b*thing a new 2500 rides bad. Just like gm has the lowest stock trucks. I bought mine because I want a truck! Course I came from a duramax.

This is a truck!! Not a damn car!!! This is the reason you can't put anything in the bed anymore because the springs are so soft! They need Nancy versions of trucks and real trucks. Rant over

The payloads of these trucks are higher than ever.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought I liked the stock Ranchos when I got the truck and then a month later I was over them. They were way to harsh and hitting a larger than normal crack in the pavement felt like my truck was going to fall apart. I switched to Bilsteins 4600 (yellow & blue) and love them. No regrets. The last thing I wanted was a stiffer suspension and the Bilstiens are worth every penny.

I thought I liked the stock Ranchos when I got the truck and then a month later I was over them. They were way to harsh and hitting a larger than normal crack in the pavement felt like my truck was going to fall apart. I switched to Bilsteins 4600 (yellow & blue) and love them. No regrets. The last thing I wanted was a stiffer suspension and the Bilstiens are worth every penny.

Where did you get them from?

I think a lot of people have a misconception of what off road shock characteristics are supposed to be. Most people think they should be stiffer. That's really not the case. They are soft to allow the suspension to move freely to maintain tire contact on rough terrain at high speed.

Archived