shock upgrade for the smoothest ride

Hey all,

I wanted to see what everyone has to say in regards to getting new shocks to make my 14 silverado crew cab z71 a much smoother ride. I'm already tired of the ranchos and my truck is my daily driver..

I have read the bilstein 5100's are a great upgrade, or the fox 2.0's, etc.. So just curious as to what people think or if there are others that anyone would recommend.. I do plan on leveling my truck which I know you can do with the bilsteins so I am kind of leaning toward them..

The Bilstein's are great for what you are trying to accomplish. I'm sure the Fox or King shocks are even better, but they come with a big premium IMO. After having the Bilstein's on my truck for about a three weeks, I would say it is the single best thing I have done to the vehicle so far. It rides, handles and looks better. It's a win, win. I highly recommend these! I'm really happy with mine.

I had the Bilstein's installed for 1 day.. to me they sucked as worse as the stock Rancho's. Now... in all fairness ... my results may be because I had a 2in spacer on top of the strut as well. I know the spacer didn't help anything, but hard to say how much it "hurt"

Next day I got all that junk ripped out and got the new Rancho quick lift loaded struts. Has the adjustable shocks..... got them front and back. Ride is 10x better and definitely recommend.

Hey all,

I wanted to see what everyone has to say in regards to getting new shocks to make my 14 silverado crew cab z71 a much smoother ride. I'm already tired of the ranchos and my truck is my daily driver..

I have read the bilstein 5100's are a great upgrade, or the fox 2.0's, etc.. So just curious as to what people think or if there are others that anyone would recommend.. I do plan on leveling my truck which I know you can do with the bilsteins so I am kind of leaning toward them..

You can also level your truck with the Fox 2.0 coilovers. They come preset for 2" of additional lift and I read that they are able to go up to about 3" total. Fully adjustable with a spanner wrench.

Hi

I have 15 gmc sierra denali Magnetic Ride

I fixed king shock adjustable woow nice ride

but I have problems wrong I dash suspension and speed limit 140km

I thank there chip to fixing magnetic ride wen replacement shock I still solve the problem

thanks for the feedback guys... i have read some info about the rancho quicklift i think there called, you can adjust the firmness with the knobs... anyone have feedback on these??

visit my thread. It's called rancho quicklift loaded. Also one called rancho vs bilstein [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone

using Tapatalk

I had the Bilstein's installed for 1 day.. to me they sucked as worse as the stock Rancho's. Now... in all fairness ... my results may be because I had a 2in spacer on top of the strut as well. I know the spacer didn't help anything, but hard to say how much it "hurt"

Next day I got all that junk ripped out and got the new Rancho quick lift loaded struts. Has the adjustable shocks..... got them front and back. Ride is 10x better and definitely recommend.

Sorry you had to go thru that. But I really think something was going on with the spacer installation, since others are running 100% satisfaction. I still believe Bilstein products are of very high quality for their cost.

Sorry you had to go thru that. But I really think something was going on with the spacer installation, since others are running 100% satisfaction. I still believe Bilstein products are of very high quality for their cost.

+1

Why didnt you pull the spacer and run the Bilstein on the highest setting before replacing it?

good question... the reason is because when the guys installed my level kit ( last year) they had to cut the threads shorter on the studs on top of the struts . With that... I couldn't remove the spacer because the threads would have been too short then.

Yes... my intention WAS to run the Bilstein fully extended (1.8in) without the spacers. But when I found out the spacer had to stay in ... we just went ahead and installed the Bilstein's at the "stock" ride height... ...and the ride wasn't that great.

What level kit did you have?

good question... the reason is because when the guys installed my level kit ( last year) they had to cut the threads shorter on the studs on top of the struts . With that... I couldn't remove the spacer because the threads would have been too short then.

Yes... my intention WAS to run the Bilstein fully extended (1.8in) without the spacers. But when I found out the spacer had to stay in ... we just went ahead and installed the Bilstein's at the "stock" ride height... ...and the ride wasn't that great.

What level kit did you have? I have a RC 2.5" and I like the height and have the 1" taller block on the back. I already put bilsteins on the rear and like them. I don't have to have the same brand front and rear. I am just worried the 1.8" lift of bilsteins won't be enough and I will have to run them plus the half inch spacer. I have 34" tires.

You really like the ranchos. Makes me wonder if I should just go with them.

visit my thread. It's called rancho quicklift loaded. Also one called rancho vs bilstein [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone

using Tapatalk

Thanks for that - was a good read.. I'm still undecided though haha but people seem to be very happy with the bilsteins

Guys I kind of find this pathetic...of course you have off road shocks on a road queen. I have an all terrain and yes it bumps over bad roads but you hit some ruts or drive crappy gravel and I think it handles great! This is a truck!! Not a damn car!!! This is the reason you can't put anything in the bed anymore because the springs are so soft! They need Nancy versions of trucks and real trucks. Rant over

Archived