Illuminated Door Sill Plates

Has anybody seen any that say high country? i feel like ive seen a set of them somewhere but haven't been able to find them, id really be interested in a set of them if i could find some that said high country!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I would like to verify before purchasing that these will fit a 2014 Silverado Crew Cab? Is GM 22933515 the correct part number for cocoa dune interior? Thanks in advance!

Should be a direct fit as 2014 trucks are built the same (from my observation). Part #s obtained from Chevy/GMC website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pgamboa

Chevy Black - Part # 22933513

Chevy Dune - Part # 22933514

Chevy Cocoa - Part # 22933515

GMC - Black - Part # 22933517

GMC - Dune - Part # 22933518

GMC - Cocoa - Part # 22933519

GMC - Shale - Part # 23450584

• Like 4

Got them installed last night. They fit perfectly. Wiring was easy except for the fact that they don't come with instructions. But I downloaded instructions from GM. Have done them before but couldn't remember connector and pin numbers. The wiring was exactly the same as Tahoe/Suburban as described in the instructions. I don't understand why they don't offer them for the pickups. All you need is power and ground. I used a ground on the left "A" pillar and connected the power wire to connector 7 (gray) pin 1 (gray wire) of the BCM and they come on with the dome lamps.They look awesome but I can't get a good picture that really shows the blue color. I think I took about 50-60 pic's but never got a good one.

That is awesome!!

So I finally got around to installing the new plates. Definitely a cool addition, although they are a bit pricey, I think they are worth the dough. If any one is interested, I took a few photos along the way.

This little tool helps to remove the panels and minimize damage.

The old sill pops off pretty easily, you could also remove it by hand, gently... use care as the backside edges can be sharp.

The upper part of the sill pops away from the A-pillar toward the rear of the cab.

It is easier to remove the panel under the steering column to gain access. It is held in place by two #30 Torx screws here

And here.

The panel then pops off toward the rear of the cab. Use gentle force... it will pop right off.

The BCM is visible right above the E-brake pedal. the connector of concern is the left connector, gray in color.

Unplug and remove the connector. The terminal lock bar will have to be released to remove the terminal. Just use a small dull screwdriver to gently lift the lock bar. It wont come off, but will lift up about 1/8 inch.

This is the wire of concern that will be used, it is gray in color. The terminal is held in place by a small locking tab, which must be released from the female side. (shown). once released the wire is pulled from the other side.

You're supposed to cut this terminal off and use the supplied butt connector to attach this to the sill plate harness.

I opted to install a male connector to the sill plate harness and connect the two that way.

Plug the sill plate harness wire, with the female connector, into the BCM connector, close the lock bar and reinstall the connector to the BCM. You can see in the photo, my connector for the sill plate harness. This would be the butt connector which comes attached.

Route the sill plate harness carefully under the steering column. I zip tied it to the support bar to keep it from tangling with control pedals, shift linkage, etc.

Across the center console, behind the audio/climate controls...

To the passenger side behind the glovebox.

Route carefully to the passenger A-pillar and zip tie in place, leaving enough slack to facilitate plugging and unplugging. I let it hang about to the floor.

Route the short side on the driver side, behind the E-brake pedal and zip tie to existing harness, leaving enough slack on this side as well. Plug the new harness into the sill plate and press the red lock tab forward.

The ground wire on the sill plate harness must be attached to any clean metal stud. I used the mounting stud for the steering column support.

Now reassemble all the removed parts.

If all went well, the sill should illuminate when any door is opened, in the same manner as the dome light.

I found the sill is a little bright for my taste... I plan to experiment to reduce the temperature of them.

From a distance though they really make a nice addition.

Nice write up!

• Like 1