Illuminated Door Sill Plates

That looks awesome! How bright are they? Looks like my Sierra's getting new sill plates soon, they should come with them. At least with the SLT trim level. Do you know if they make some for the rear?

Plenty bright in garage with doors up or dark. Not sure I can see them in full daylight. Front only at this time. Now, if I can keep from scratching them!

Sorry, no other pics. The sill plates just snap in. I'll see if I can upload the instructions tomorrow. Really isn't hard to wire. At least for me (32 years in dealers). 2 wires is all. The hardest part is getting the terminal out of the connector at the bcm. You could probably just splice it in , but the new wire is a heavier guage. I can't imaging it really makes much difference. I did it the correct way because I had already spliced into that wire to add footwell lighting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are several threads about Husky vs Weathertech mats. Here is one of them...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/174273-weathertechs-bah/?hl=floor+mats&do=findComment&comment=1643902

Here's another one. Although it starts out focused on Weathertech mats, the general recommendation switches to Husky...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/175354-weathertech-floor-mats/?hl=floor+mats

I hope this helps...

Edited by chuckl1218

Got them installed last night. They fit perfectly. Wiring was easy except for the fact that they don't come with instructions. But I downloaded instructions from GM. Have done them before but couldn't remember connector and pin numbers. The wiring was exactly the same as Tahoe/Suburban as described in the instructions. I don't understand why they don't offer them for the pickups. All you need is power and ground. I used a ground on the left "A" pillar and connected the power wire to connector 7 (gray) pin 1 (gray wire) of the BCM and they come on with the dome lamps.They look awesome but I can't get a good picture that really shows the blue color. I think I took about 50-60 pic's but never got a good one.

Sorry if I missed it (it's very late and I'm getting a bit loopy), but could you post the Part #s for each; approx price; and if you ordered from dealer or after market. Very much appreciated. Was not going to do it until I saw your pics. They look fantastic. With your other light mods, it's gonna be killer. Thanks for your help.