Illuminated Door Sill Plates

Does anyone know if GM makes illuminated door sills for the Sierra & Silverado? I know they made them for the GMT900 bodystyle & I found some for the new Yukons & Suburbans but couldn't find any illuminated ones for the trucks, just the standard logo ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-GMC-Yukon-Yukon-XL-Illuminated-Black-Door-Sill-Plates-Genuine-OEM-NEW-/321662051990

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-22933515-OEM-Illuminated-Door-Sill-Plates-Cocoa-/151481636905

Or does anyone know if the Yukon sill plates fit a Sierra?

I've been wanting something like this for a while now. It would go so well with my floor lights. I'm actually looking at getting some of the non illuminated sills and cutting out the areas I was to light up and putting some frosted acrillyc or something. It'll take some work and time (maybe, or maybe it's a lot easier than I think it will be) so I'm waiting till I have time to be able to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: I would actually wire mine to work with my floor lights and change colors as well.

Edited by Mike1220

I've been wanting something like this for a while now. It would go so well with my floor lights. I'm actually looking at getting some of the non illuminated sills and cutting out the areas I was to light up and putting some frosted acrillyc or something. It'll take some work and time (maybe, or maybe it's a lot easier than I think it will be) so I'm waiting till I have time to be able to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: I would actually wire mine to work with my floor lights and change colors as well.

Ever since I saw it for the GMT900 I hated myself for not getting them. Now I don't know if it's possible to on this bodystyle, at least not yet. I have a thing for lights, I still need to do my whole interior and under the truck too but this'll be a good start. Very clean imo. If you can get that worked out I'd be very interested. Colorchanging would be badass.

edit* Ryan, I'm not sure if those would work they seem to be for Camaros or Corvettes?

Edited by EChavez

Ever since I saw it for the GMT900 I hated myself for not getting them. Now I don't know if it's possible to on this bodystyle, at least not yet. I have a thing for lights, I still need to do my whole interior and under the truck too but this'll be a good start. Very clean imo. If you can get that worked out I'd be very interested. Colorchanging would be badass.

edit* Ryan, I'm not sure if those would work they seem to be for Camaros or Corvettes?

If you do anything under the truck keep it at a rock light kit for the wheel wells and under the center of the truck. I plan to do that but not till its lifted.

If I can get the color changing thing worked out I'll let you know. I'm a light fanatic as well. Check out the beginning of my build thread and you'll see my old Yukon that I only had for 2.5 years but did more light mods than anything haha. I told myself I wouldn't do any to this truck but that was several mods ago lol.

I'm really hoping I can get the door sill thing to work. Also hoping that they come out with one for the rear doors so I can put something can there too.

as far as your interior. Get the same kit I did. I highly recommend it and have never had a problem with it in my truck or when I had the Yukon. Its $104.97 but does ALOT of different things. Definitely worth it

• 5 months later...

Hey guys I started my own search cuz I had the same idea and the only thing I could find is for a suburban. When I compare they look really similar but who knows, here is the link

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/2015-2016-Chevrolet-Suburban-Tahoe-Illuminated-Door-Sill-Plates-Black-OEM-NEW-/201345823532?nav=SEARCH

Is anyone available to be a guinea pig and buy them and let me know if they work or not :P

I called the dealership listed in the eBay listing, but he said he couldn't say for sure if they would fit or not... might be one of those things where you will have to get your hands on a pair to know for sure. I gave him my VIN, and he did come up with part # 23114162 - Which are pretty much basic door sills with a little nicer insert.

Cheapest place I've found so far is ShopChevyParts - There was even a thread on them here a few months ago, but the pics are gone....

Edited by Chainesaw

GM Parts catalog DOES list illuminated sill plates for 2015-2016 Silverado/Sierra. Group 21.506. I don't have access to P/N's anymore so I'll have to check at work tomorrow

• Like 1