Bilstein shocks thread

I contacted ProCOmp and was told that the two settings on the front were 1) factory heighth and 2) 1.75" lift. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order them. My local shop (4Wheel Parts) said they could get them ($189) and install them ($153) with no alignment, for a grand total of $366.72, including $17 in tax and $8 in supplies. Is that a decent enough deal?

Not going to have them do an alignment since I'll have it done at Firestone and bite the bullet and get the lifetime alignment package.

That is not that bad then, I was under the impression that the 2nd setting was a 2".

The 6112's won't be available until the end of the year. I hope they will the the answer to a good ride since they will come with a softer spring.

Same! Every option out there right now that doesn't cost thousands of dollars uses the stock spring. Which in my option is a very harsh spring with too much rebound and too high of a rate. Even at stock compression and height these springs are bone jarring stiff.

Edited by projectsummit

• 2 weeks later...

This morning I received an email from Suspension Connection letting me know my package was being delivered via Fed-Ex. Didn't have a tracking number or estimated date of delivery. But just a few hours later this showed up at my office.

QHnIFTX.jpg

4600's? I didn't order this!?

Y0bjydd.jpg

:)

JwFkBHh.jpg

J19OHwJ.jpg

Gonna try and get them clear coated today since its literally just a brushed finish and have them in tomorrow. I'll post before/after pictures as soon as I can.

• Like 2

Ya they come in those boxes for all vehicles. I recommend getting some type of rust protection or clear coat on them. I had them on my last truck for three years and they were so rusted I couldn't change the circlip to a different setting and one of them was rusted so bad the top but wouldn't come off and I had to hack saw the shock off.

Ya they come in those boxes for all vehicles. I recommend getting some type of rust protection or clear coat on them. I had them on my last truck for three years and they were so rusted I couldn't change the circlip to a different setting and one of them was rusted so bad the top but wouldn't come off and I had to hack saw the shock off.

Yea I definitely will. I was really surprised at how heavy and thick they are. I had the 5100's on my 2004 Ram 2500, but kept them in the box till I had the shop install them.

Yea I definitely will. I was really surprised at how heavy and thick they are. I had the 5100's on my 2004 Ram 2500, but kept them in the box till I had the shop install them.

Nice, so are they offically no longer on back order?

You know I'm not sure. My email from the Suspension Connection rep told me they didn't expect to have them in stock till July 31st. I think a distributor of theirs might of found some and by coincidence filled my order out because my order came from "Transamerican Wholesale" in Coppell, TX

http://www.transamericanwholesale.com/

Might want to contact them and see if they have any more available.

Same thing happened to me with Allshocks.com back in December '14...not in stock and then within a couple of days, back in and got my order right out and arrived first week of January '15. I couldn't wait, so I installed the back ones the same day they arrived and had the fronts installed the next week...like the 5100s a lot!

Well...I'm going to look around to see if I can find any in stock anywhere.

Question though: I was going to use the 5100 up front to "level" the truck. Since I thought these were going to be out of stock forever, I went ahead and put in the 2" RC Level up front. So, will the 5100 still be a good choice and will having them at the highest setting be correct, or will that raise the front more?

Well...I'm going to look around to see if I can find any in stock anywhere.

Question though: I was going to use the 5100 up front to "level" the truck. Since I thought these were going to be out of stock forever, I went ahead and put in the 2" RC Level up front. So, will the 5100 still be a good choice and will having them at the highest setting be correct, or will that raise the front more?

If you are removing the 2" level your billies will sit a bit lower, they're 1.8" up front. It's not recommended to use both together.