Bilstein shocks thread

I have a 2016 Silverado LT Z71 reg cab and the rake is pretty big. Is the Bilstein 5100 ride adjustable the BEST option?

Price aside, what's the best shocks/struts/coil combo for having a level, comfy ride with good performance?

Straight up

• Like 1

I have a 2016 Silverado LT Z71 reg cab and the rake is pretty big. Is the Bilstein 5100 ride adjustable the BEST option?

Price aside, what's the best shocks/struts/coil combo for having a level, comfy ride with good performance?

Straight up

I went with Rancho 9000xl shocks with factory level on front Edited by Jimmy W

Swapped every POS rancho shock on my truck with Kings all the way around. While the price was a lot higher than everything else out there, I am 150% satisfied and don't regret 1 dollar I spent on them. My biggest issue with this truck was the droop stop position and the horribly made control arms. Swapped the upper for a fabtech uniball upper arm, cut out the droop stop and I can hit any hole, dip, driveway etc at any speed with zero shock fade and no rebound issue. Compression, valving and psi of the shocks are all out of the box- no changes made. haven't hit dirt with them yet, but based on the progressive spring rate, I wont have any issues.

Save $$ and do it right. I've had bilsteins, fox's, ranchos, walker evans and nothing compares to KING...

Anyone know when the 5100s will be available for a 2017. I assumed they would be same as 16 but Essexdistributing told me they are not released yet.

They are the same...I have them on my 2017.

• Like 1

IMG 0350resize

IMG 0342resize

IMG 0347resize

Recently installed Bilsteins all around set at the top setting, netted ~2" in the front. Sitting near perfectly level but I may opt for the 1" lift in the rear for towing and hauling purposes.

Wheel/tire combo is 285/70/17 Cooper MTP's on 17x9+6 Pro-Comp 83 Series/Vapor

Very happy with the ride/stance/response and look. The truck feels very stable in all conditions but still a little bouncy in the front (attributed mostly to the tires and PSI)

Installed the 5100 shocks with the boot down it felt wrong but labels up so I went with it. My question is, the bottom of the boot is resting on the bracket that the bottom of the shock is connected too, will the vibration of the truck cause this to wear if it's rubbing against that?

Recently installed Bilsteins all around set at the top setting, netted ~2" in the front. Sitting near perfectly level but I may opt for the 1" lift in the rear for towing and hauling purposes.

Wheel/tire combo is 285/70/17 Cooper MTP's on 17x9+6 Pro-Comp 83 Series/Vapor

Very happy with the ride/stance/response and look. The truck feels very stable in all conditions but still a little bouncy in the front (attributed mostly to the tires and PSI)

Any rubbing...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swapped every POS rancho shock on my truck with Kings all the way around. While the price was a lot higher than everything else out there, I am 150% satisfied and don't regret 1 dollar I spent on them. My biggest issue with this truck was the droop stop position and the horribly made control arms. Swapped the upper for a fabtech uniball upper arm, cut out the droop stop and I can hit any hole, dip, driveway etc at any speed with zero shock fade and no rebound issue. Compression, valving and psi of the shocks are all out of the box- no changes made. haven't hit dirt with them yet, but based on the progressive spring rate, I wont have any issues.

Save $$ and do it right. I've had bilsteins, fox's, ranchos, walker evans and nothing compares to KING...

my brother in law had the kings and they were too stiff and one blew out so he went with the Rancho 9000 xl shocks and that's what sold me on Rancho and I do love them.We will see how they hold up

Installed the 5100 shocks with the boot down it felt wrong but labels up so I went with it. My question is, the bottom of the boot is resting on the bracket that the bottom of the shock is connected too, will the vibration of the truck cause this to wear if it's rubbing against that?

you should be fine I would think
  • Like 1

Any rubbing...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the softer plastic mudflaps that sit closer to the wheel, so initially they did. I have them pinned to the wheel well carpet and no rubbing, even @ full lock in reverse now. No where close to touching anything else

• Like 1