Bilstein shocks thread

Questions for those of you that have installed the 5100's. Hardware included is 3 nuts (self explanatory) 1 jounce cap, 1 support ring. Where and how do those install?

I currently have 17 Silverado z71 with a RC 2.5" leveling kit in the front with the spacer between the spring and perch. I would like the same lift height but a better ride quality so I'm looking to go with the bilstein 5100's. If I got a 1" front spacer which setting would the 5100's have to be on. Has anyone done this and how was the ride quality.

• Like 1

I currently have 17 Silverado z71 with a RC 2.5" leveling kit in the front with the spacer between the spring and perch. I would like the same lift height but a better ride quality so I'm looking to go with the bilstein 5100's. If I got a 1" front spacer which setting would the 5100's have to be on. Has anyone done this and how was the ride quality.

1 inch spacer will raise the front 2 inches so set the 5100's at second notch which will raise the front an additional 3/4 inch. My experience with 2.5 inch level and the 5100's at zero lift is the ride is firmer than the 5100's at max lift. This may also be due to Toyo RT tires versus Toyo AT2 on old truck.

I installed them at all four corners the front at the highest setting and also put in a one inch upper spacer.. i love the ride.. i had the z71 ranchos on it. And they were crap... as for ride it rides like a truck..i also installed three inch blocks in the rear..

I installed them at all four corners the front at the highest setting and also put in a one inch upper spacer.. i love the ride.. i had the z71 ranchos on it. And they were crap... as for ride it rides like a truck..i also installed three inch blocks in the rear..

Stacking the bilsteins with a spacer is not recommended and will kill your front end components.

• Like 2

Anyone know how to get in touch with someone from MRT? I placed an order for the complete 5100 shock set on April 26th and have only received the fronts. I have called and texted 702-250-9013 several times and never get a answer or reply. I'm getting close to taking legal action if I don't hear something soon. Yes, I have sent pm's as well. It's like they just disappeared.

My 15' AT Z71 already has a Zone 2" front-end leveling kit installed. Do I order the adjustable 5100's and set it at it's lowest?

I recalled seeing a Bilstein video that they did not recommend using the adjustable with a leveling kit.

Edited by bsprtsgrp

Anyone know how to get in touch with someone from MRT? I placed an order for the complete 5100 shock set on April 26th and have only received the fronts. I have called and texted 702-250-9013 several times and never get a answer or reply. I'm getting close to taking legal action if I don't hear something soon. Yes, I have sent pm's as well. It's like they just disappeared.

Deep breaths. MRT has delivered for many of us on here. I'm sure there is a reason behind the lack of contact (they are a small shop). As for legal action - bit aggressive for under $150 in parts.

Sorry, I may be over reacting a bit. Drives me nuts when there's no communication for over a week. A simple reply is all I ask for.

Well good luck. I had an issue with them not responding with text and emails. I put a dispute with paypal for the payment and get an immediate responce with in 5 minutes they say my order was shipped the previous day that was lies. Ups had it showing only a label was made later that day it was picked up at afternoon. I will never buy from them again. All i wanted was a simple reply but nope

Edited by redbeast24740

Just put 5100s on my double cab all terrain. All stock suspension and left it at the lowest setting on the front (no raise). Feels a little softer in the corners but a huge difference when it comes to damping over multiple bumps.