Bilstein shocks thread

So this evening I added 1/2" spacers on top of my existing 2" Bilstein level. Ride seems the same as before. I'm going to let the shocks settle back overnight before I take fender well measurements. I'm also going to schedule an appointment for an alignment this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here's the before and after, stock to now.

Stock Rancho Shocks:

* Front Left -- 35.75"

* Front Right -- 35.75"

* Rear Left -- 39.25"

* Rear Right -- 38.75"

And then, after Bilstein highest setting, a MotoFab 1/2" spacer on top of that, and 33" Toyo tires:

* Front Left -- 38.875"

* Front Right -- 38.875"

* Rear Left -- 39.5"

* Rear Right -- 39.5"

Very close to level, I'm pretty satisfied.

• Like 1

4 wheel parts...it's not straight forward to find, but they did offer that deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I tried that deal with them about 6 months ago or so placed an order got a call that the shocks wouldn't fit my truck. Hope it works for you as it didn't for me.

I tried that deal with them about 6 months ago or so placed an order got a call that the shocks wouldn't fit my truck. Hope it works for you as it didn't for me.

I'm driving on them, have been? Had no issues with them...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tell me if this is a dumb idea. Could I get the 5100's for the front and the 5160's for the rear for the time being and then when the 6112's come out switch them? At least wouldn't be a total loss getting all 5100's around and have to buy a complete new set when I upgrade. Thanks!

I have a 2014 Chevy LTZ Double cab with 5100's front and rear. I was wondering how many miles people are getting on these shocks. Mine are at 60000 and they seem to be getting worn out. The ride is pretty hard (jolting) when going over bumps. It always sounds like something is loose in the suspension to me but I can't find it. There always seems to be something wrong with the suspension on this truck that I can never figure out. And it does vibrate at highway speeds.

Tell me if this is a dumb idea. Could I get the 5100's for the front and the 5160's for the rear for the time being and then when the 6112's come out switch them? At least wouldn't be a total loss getting all 5100's around and have to buy a complete new set when I upgrade. Thanks!

Good plan if they come out soon, if not nothing lost. I finally just bought 5100s, got tired of waiting. I ran across posts in 2014 of guys saying if you can hold out the 6112s will be out soon.

Good plan if they come out soon, if not nothing lost. I finally just bought 5100s, got tired of waiting. I ran across posts in 2014 of guys saying if you can hold out the 6112s will be out soon.

Dang 2014, I would have given up if I was waiting since then!

So here's the before and after, stock to now.

Stock Rancho Shocks:

* Front Left -- 35.75"

* Front Right -- 35.75"

* Rear Left -- 39.25"

* Rear Right -- 38.75"

And then, after Bilstein highest setting, a MotoFab 1/2" spacer on top of that, and 33" Toyo tires:

* Front Left -- 38.875"

* Front Right -- 38.875"

* Rear Left -- 39.5"

* Rear Right -- 39.5"

Very close to level, I'm pretty satisfied.

How did your CV and drive line angles work out with that?

How did your CV and drive line angles work out with that?

I'm 2WD. Upper ball joint is at a noticeable angle, but not near any extreme. I'd like to get new UCA's to correct that down the line. Probably just wait til these ball joints are tired and replace with new UCAs.

Just installed 5100's in all corners. I don't have a spring compressor so I had a local shop install the front's. When I got home I noticed this gap by the upper spring seat. Any suggestions on a way to rotate it into place without removing and compressing the spring? I'm sure it's probably unnecessary but I'm a little ocd and I know this will bother me until I fix it (next time I buy a compressor and do it myself from the start).

post-167364-0-41784100-1483591043_thumb.jpg

Just installed 5100's in all corners. I don't have a spring compressor so I had a local shop install the front's. When I got home I noticed this gap by the upper spring seat. Any suggestions on a way to rotate it into place without removing and compressing the spring? I'm sure it's probably unnecessary but I'm a little ocd and I know this will bother me until I fix it (next time I buy a compressor and do it myself from the start).

You can try to compress the springs with ratchet straps - generally unsafe but if you are not removing the top hat not much risk involved.