Bilstein shocks thread

For some reason the shop I'm getting 5100s from is backordered. I tried rolling with the Pro ProRunner SS for the last month. I like the lift but they bang over little bumps. Lesson learned. I should have been less willing to try something new and went with a proven product.

For some reason the shop I'm getting 5100s from is backordered. I tried rolling with the Pro ProRunner SS for the last month. I like the lift but they bang over little bumps. Lesson learned. I should have been less willing to try something new and went with a proven product.

I ordered 5100's for the rear also and they showed in stock. I received the fronts and received a call from the vendor stating that Bilstein was out and not expecting to resupply vendors until early to mid December

Is anyone familiar with the Bilstein 33-185552 shocks? They have a range of 15.91" compressed and 25.93" extended. I just ordered a set to replace the rears that came with my RC 3.5".............and before ya'll start talking smack about the RC lift, the dealer installed it for nothing because I didn't like the ride of the 2.5" level that was on the truck. Lol Long story short ,I'm trying to get it where I wanted it months ago.

Edited by mmwest
  • Like 1

I ordered 5100's for the rear also and they showed in stock. I received the fronts and received a call from the vendor stating that Bilstein was out and not expecting to resupply vendors until early to mid December

We have them in stock and ready to rock.

9 Fronts

25 Rears

Free Shipping, No Tax

http://shop.mrtmotorsports.net/bilstein-shock-sets/bilstein-5100-complete-set/2423830433238319/i-2304103.aspx

Edited by MRT Motorsports

Is anyone familiar with the Bilstein 33-185552 shocks? They have a range of 15.91" compressed and 25.93" extended. I just ordered a set to replace the rears that came with my RC 3.5".............and before ya'll start talking smack about the RC lift, the dealer installed it for nothing because I didn't like the ride of the 2.5" level that was on the truck. Long story short ,I'm trying to get it where I wanted it months ago.

Those are "universal" aka non application specific Bilstein 5125s. Same design as the 5100.

• Like 2

Hi im new and i need help. I have 02 tahoe ZW7 name big red and she feels like wobbling. I had a wheel alignment done and now its pulling to left i took it back and they said i need 2 back tires and an original rim. But i think i might need shocks too. I dont haul stuff i jus want the wind to stop making the truck wobble. Are there any cost efficient shocks?? I aint got alot money to fix big red

Would maxing out the bilsteins in the front along with a 7.5 rcx lift be bad or no? I have the rcx lift only and it dips nose front just a hair and can't stand it. I'm going to order the bils today just wondering if it would be too much of an angle or what?

Hi im new and i need help. I have 02 tahoe ZW7 name big red and she feels like wobbling. I had a wheel alignment done and now its pulling to left i took it back and they said i need 2 back tires and an original rim. But i think i might need shocks too. I dont haul stuff i jus want the wind to stop making the truck wobble. Are there any cost efficient shocks?? I aint got alot money to fix big red

Front shocks are inexpensive and easy to do, back shocks are over $300 each for the ZW7. Check out what KYB has to offer.

Would maxing out the bilsteins in the front along with a 7.5 rcx lift be bad or no? I have the rcx lift only and it dips nose front just a hair and can't stand it. I'm going to order the bils today just wondering if it would be too much of an angle or what?

We dont really suggest going on the top settings when combining with a lift kit that uses strut spacers. Can over compress the shocks.

• Like 1

So I spoke with a lift shop and they said you can't or they wouldn't install the bilsteins on top of the rcx 7.5 and tried to get me to get the 7-9' mcaughy or whatever lift.

Then he said if I don't wanna spend 2k for the lift I can just remove a rear block on my rcx lift and will be level or have a tiny cali lean?

Sounds typical of a regular shop lol. Go with the regular 5100 up front on the zero lift setting and in the rear you will want a "universal" Bilstein 5125 which is a 5100 built for lifted applications. For 5-7" of rear lift youll want the Bilstein 33-185576. We can do the whole package for 370 delivered to you, which is only $22 more than the standard length rears.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

• Like 1

MRT, Im thinking about lifting my 2014 Silverado. With 2-3 inches of rear lift what would be the correct rear shock for my truck? If the stock shock has an extended length of 25.7 inches would I just order a shock with an extended length 3 inches longer? Thanks.

Edited by 10 X
  • Like 1