Bilstein shocks thread

Thank you for the business!! We will get these shipped out today to you, hopefully for a Wednesday or Thursday delivery.

4600s (Yellow) can be used no problem. 5100s will need to be used on the lowest setting only.

Thank you! What is the preference or your opinion on which is better? I have no problem and plan on leaving the 5100's on the lowest setting if that is the way to go.

• Like 1

Thanks for the orders everyone! Here is the current link the 5100s. I only have 6 rears left, but plenty more are coming.

http://shop.mrtmotorsports.net/bilstein-shock-sets/bilstein-5100-complete-set/2423830433238319/i-2304103.aspx

Thank you! What is the preference or your opinion on which is better? I have no problem and plan on leaving the 5100's on the lowest setting if that is the way to go.

Go with the 5100 on the lowest 0" setting, its a better truck shock.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I have been a long time lurker and I am am getting ready to either throw the leveling kit I had on my 2014 on to my 2016 or go with Bilsteins.

Let me begin by saying I had the 2.25" Ready Lift on the front and the 2" block on the rear of my 2014 and loved the way it sat, looked and rode. I had 305/50/20s wrapped around the truck and it was a glorious truck until I got T-Boned.

I want a similar setup but now my wife is now concerned with the warranty crap, blah blah blah, and instead of throwing a kit on there, told me to find something else. Well I am looking at the thread and EVERYONE seems to have different measurements, some of them not even in the same ball park as what I figured the majority of trucks would run, yes give or take a little, I understand.

I have done my research and figured if I get 1.8" out of the front, my front end will be higher than the rear (it is weird but I have measured and remeasured the truck on multiple occasions) and then I will have to add the block unless the rear Bilsteins, being a bit stiffer/better than stock will give me some support/slight height in the rear just due to overall quality of stock since I know they aren't adjustable.

Now that you are tired of reading this ridiculously long post, I guess I am looking for what does the front actually achieve and does the rears give you a slight bump just due to overall better quality of shock?

Hey guys,

I have been a long time lurker and I am am getting ready to either throw the leveling kit I had on my 2014 on to my 2016 or go with Bilsteins.

Let me begin by saying I had the 2.25" Ready Lift on the front and the 2" block on the rear of my 2014 and loved the way it sat, looked and rode. I had 305/50/20s wrapped around the truck and it was a glorious truck until I got T-Boned.

I want a similar setup but now my wife is now concerned with the warranty crap, blah blah blah, and instead of throwing a kit on there, told me to find something else. Well I am looking at the thread and EVERYONE seems to have different measurements, some of them not even in the same ball park as what I figured the majority of trucks would run, yes give or take a little, I understand.

I have done my research and figured if I get 1.8" out of the front, my front end will be higher than the rear (it is weird but I have measured and remeasured the truck on multiple occasions) and then I will have to add the block unless the rear Bilsteins, being a bit stiffer/better than stock will give me some support/slight height in the rear just due to overall quality of stock since I know they aren't adjustable.

Now that you are tired of reading this ridiculously long post, I guess I am looking for what does the front actually achieve and does the rears give you a slight bump just due to overall better quality of shock?

Not sure where or how you are measuring. The 5100's at the highest level look pretty level on my truck.

I used a 4' level on the bed of the truck and figured stock I had about a 2.5 drop in the front now using the same method about 1/2-3/4". Not optically noticeable to me the truck looks flat. I have the z60 suspension.

Should I be installing 5100's with the Mcgauphy 7-9ss lift, ot go coil overs? I want a good ride, and get it done while it's apart. I'm sure anything will be an improvement from the 3½ "stretch" kit I'm running now.

Most of the time when you are going with a lift that tall, the tire that goes with it is going to be much larger as well so a more substantial shock will be needed. 2.5" coilovers, or the forthcoming BIlstein 6112 will be better matched than a 5100, but even 5100s will be an upgrade over the stock or ranch shocks that come in the kit.

Can you please send me a quote, or list of recommendations. [email protected]

Or contact me at (941)809-9274

I would like to get whatever I need ASAP because the truck is scheduled to be taken apart next Monday.

ICON Makes what you need.

Front - ICON 71502-CB

07-UP GM 1500 2.5 VS IR COILOVER KIT W BDS / RANCHO 6"

MSRP - 1785.90

Rear - ICON 77701P

07-UP GM 1500 4" REAR 2.5 VS PB PAIR

MSRP - 1028.90

Obviously our price is much better than the MSRP. We can also do these in Kings, but its probably another 1000.

ICON Makes what you need.

Front - ICON 71502-CB

07-UP GM 1500 2.5 VS IR COILOVER KIT W BDS / RANCHO 6"

MSRP - 1785.90

Rear - ICON 77701P

07-UP GM 1500 4" REAR 2.5 VS PB PAIR

MSRP - 1028.90

Obviously our price is much better than the MSRP. We can also do these in Kings, but its probably another 1000.

These are compatible with the Mcgauphy 7-9 kit? What's the lead time?

• Like 1

I am looking at running 305/55/20 BFG All Terrains and from my research I need a 2.5" level. Looking at either the RC 2.5" lift/level or getting the 5100 Adjustable Bilstein's coupled with the BDS level kit. In theory using the Bilstein's to raising it the extra .5" since BDS is 2"

Can anyone recommend one way or the other, or if my theory is correct?

Edited by drummerdawg

For MRT..... have you had any experience with pulling the stock Magneride suspension out of a recent Sierra Denali and replacing with an after market shock better suited to a 6" lift with 35x12.5x20 tires? No one local has done this yet and there are unanswered questions as to what will happen once the magnetic shock sensors are unhooked . . . i.e error lights on dash, etc.

Thanks,

M

Edited by MMDenali13