Bilstein shocks thread

Has anyone looked at these struts? they advertise up to 2.5 of lift versus the bisteins wich lift 1.8 ??

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eib-e60230060310/overview/year/2015/make/chevrolet/model/silverado-1500

It would be nice to get the look of the RC 2.5 kit without any spacers as the 2.5 kit is exactly the look i like on these trucks

Has anyone looked at these struts? they advertise up to 2.5 of lift versus the bisteins wich lift 1.8 ??

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eib-e60230060310/overview/year/2015/make/chevrolet/model/silverado-1500

It would be nice to get the look of the RC 2.5 kit without any spacers as the 2.5 kit is exactly the look i like on these trucks

Bilstein's also offer up to 2.75" but this depends on application (brand of truck). On our trucks they are good to 1.85". I think you will find the Summit's claim also depends on application.

I put on 5100s at the max height setting along with BFG KO2s in 275/60r20 and my MPG plummeted 3-4 mpg. Leveling kit and 1 size taller than stock and can't even get more than 18 on highway if I'm nursing it. Averaging 16.5. That's with hand calculating and pretty close to computer after recalibration with Hypertech. Anyone else similar issue? Thinking about lowering 5100s a setting or 2 and getting a lighter tire in stock size back on bc I didn't expect that big a mpg hit.

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain SLT 5.3L CC short bed

post-158554-0-04072400-1464029737_thumb.jpeg

I put on 5100s at the max height setting along with BFG KO2s in 275/60r20 and my MPG plummeted 3-4 mpg. Leveling kit and 1 size taller than stock and can't even get more than 18 on highway if I'm nursing it. Averaging 16.5. That's with hand calculating and pretty close to computer after recalibration with Hypertech. Anyone else similar issue? Thinking about lowering 5100s a setting or 2 and getting a lighter tire in stock size back on bc I didn't expect that big a mpg hit.

I believe the biggest hit is going from a street tire to a true A/T tire.

• Like 1

I've just read folks doing 2.5" lifts and putting bigger tires than mine on and claiming to get 21+ on highway. Maybe they are full of crap, who knows. My highway is barely more than city mpg. Running all stock I had a 300 mile trip that averaged 23, since these minor mods I can't do better than 18 highway so that's a really big hit.

Edited by Tcolburntexas

I've just read folks doing 2.5" lifts and putting bigger tires than mine on and claiming to get 21+ on highway. Maybe they are full of crap, who knows. My highway is barely more than city mpg. Running all stock I had a 300 mile trip that averaged 23, since these minor mods I can't do better than 18 highway so that's a really big hit.

What's in your diff? If you have the 3:08 I bet that might be why. Most people with the 3:42 haven't had as much trouble. The 3:08 is built for economy and larger tires and changing angles won't do well with lower ratios

Let us know

3:42 ratio, only 3.42 available in the All Terrain

Ive got 3.42 as well with 2 inch level and I can only get near 20 on highway like 19.5, but I drive 80 and the front end is shaped like a brick now. If I ran 60 I bet id see those 22mpg numbers.

When I go to an AT tire I expect to take a hit though.

Edited by jrob56

• 3 weeks later...

Poor fuel economy?

With the larger tires, the speedo/odo counts revs, not distance traveled. Vehicle goes faster/further per rev.

IE the speedo is under-reporting your speed. Also under-reporting distance travelled.

You will need to apply a correction factor using your odometer's readings to get true mileage.

Use a tire size calculator to get the difference between stock and your size.

Apply the correction to your MPG calculations.

Eibach's site info for the shocks - 2"

Summits photo looks like a pic of the rear shock - this is the front shock specs from Eibach's site:

mfg_pro-truck-sport-shock_front.jpg# E60-23-006-03-10

btn_addtocart.gif

Front: +0-2" rha

Footnotes: Ride Height Adjustable Ring Slots To Allow For A Lift Of 0-2"

Edited by 15silver

What was the weight of the previous tire vs new tire.

What was the weight of the previous tire vs new tire.

Its a pretty big jump, think stock is 43ish and that size K02 lists at 54.5.

Stock size K02 is 53.1