Bilstein shocks thread

The price you have quoted for a set of four shocks is close to the price quoted for one front 5100 from my dealership!! Has anyone reading tried ordering from British Columbia? If so, what was the final cost?

• Like 1

Can you guys give any height gained numbers per setting? So with 4 settings we know the bottom one gives no lift.

What does the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th setting yield?

Not talking about what Bilstein claims but what you guys with experience got. Like after the truck had time to settle what you actually got lift wise per settling.

Edited by NEMESIS-A/T
  • Like 1

Can you guys give any height gained numbers per setting? So with 4 settings we know the bottom one gives no lift.

What does the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th setting yield?

Not talking about what Bilstein claims but what you guys with experience got. Like after the truck had time to settle what you actually got lift wise per settling.

Just a hair over 2" on top setting for me.

The price you have quoted for a set of four shocks is close to the price quoted for one front 5100 from my dealership!! Has anyone reading tried ordering from British Columbia? If so, what was the final cost?

I hear you, I was in Rossland last month and the pricing on things is very random. I can ship to BC :)

I hear you, I was in Rossland last month and the pricing on things is very random. I can ship to BC :)

PM sent. I was visiting the Houston area last week and called a local 4Wheel store to inquire about Bilstein levelling shocks. The person I spoke to said they recommend using spacers with Bilsteins set at the bottom (stock) setting. This really struck me as "overkill" but I assumed he knew what he was talking about. All I want at this time is a 1.5" or 1.85" front lift with no negative impact on my suspension. Ideally, I would like this to be an improvement in function as well as looks!

Apologies if this is a repeat, I cannot possibly go back to read 33 pages.

My local shop is suggesting the Bilstein's are not valved properly for the Max Tow/NHT and to wait until Billy or others come out with shocks specified for the NHT.

MRT or others, is that consistent with your understanding? Please and thanks.

PM sent. I was visiting the Houston area last week and called a local 4Wheel store to inquire about Bilstein levelling shocks. The person I spoke to said they recommend using spacers with Bilsteins set at the bottom (stock) setting. This really struck me as "overkill" but I assumed he knew what he was talking about. All I want at this time is a 1.5" or 1.85" front lift with no negative impact on my suspension. Ideally, I would like this to be an improvement in function as well as looks!

Sounds like they are just trying to up sell you in my opinion. Any reasons given?

My local shop is suggesting the Bilstein's are not valved properly for the Max Tow/NHT and to wait until Billy or others come out with shocks specified for the NHT.

I believe on Bilsteins site it says not for Max Tow.

Edited by jrob56

Sounds like they are just trying to up sell you in my opinion. Any reasons given?

No, it was simply a statement that this is the way that they do a level. He sounded quite authoritative and confident. I assume there must be a reason other than a cash grab. He readily gave a price to level with spacers and had the Bilsteins in stock if I wanted them as well.

There's no reason they wouldn't work, other than dampening. I've used 5100's on other "max tow" equipped trucks (Titan) and it was a vast improvement over stock.

Those shocks will bolt on to the NHT truck, they might not have enough dampening to control the rear spring on the NHT tho.

Per this thread, a few users have bilsteins on the NHT equipped trucks.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162049-nht-ride-quality/

Another good NHT info thread - http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/172318-2015-silverado-nht-suspension-upgrade-help/

Edited by Mack207
  • Like 1

^Thanks Mack, recall seeing something to that effect. I have the airbags coming, but may go ahead and just slap in the non-height adjustable Billys as well, gotta be an improvement over the stocker Ranchos.

• Like 1

Why not? You have something better to do? :lol:

My local shop is suggesting the Bilstein's are not valved properly for the Max Tow/NHT

I believe on Bilsteins site it says not for Max Tow.

This is correct. I've been looking for replacement shocks as well

post-152266-0-38447200-1462317282_thumb.png

Edited by xelli

Has anybody ever experienced a very stiff ride on a freeway? I have bilsteins on the 2nd from top setting with 275/70/18 ko2s running 45 psi. Last week while driving through L.A., the entire cab began bouncing/shaking. Felt as if I had a flat. That was the worst case. Normally on the freeway it just feels like a very stiff front running over a ton of small speed bumps. Best I can describe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk