Bilstein shocks thread

Any real world measurements on what the .85 setting gave you or what the 1.25 setting gave?

Im assuming the .85 setting yields .50" and the "1.25 setting yields "1.

I went straight for the top setting at 1.85". Since it requires a spring compressor and top hat removal to adjust, I have not used any of the other settings. I got just over 2" with it which is what I wanted.

Anyone? Or any shops they'd recommend that may know?

MRT Motorsports is the only shop you need! We have been on this thread since the start and are here to help.

I got your PM. For rear shock options Belltech makes two versions of shocks in two lowering range sizes that are specifically designed for a 14+ chevy lowered 2-4 or 5-7" in the rear.

Realizing that the 5100 for your application is slightly longer than the OE stock with these specs,

Collapsed Length (IN): 16.18

Extended Length (IN): 25.79

You will need a shock around 14" collapsed and a minimum of 24.5". There is a Bilstein HD 24-021715 that measures at

Collapsed Length: 14.33

Extended Length: 22.72

This will limit a bit of down travel, but usually when lowered you arent fully flexing the suspension. The collapsed number is going to be more important. This shock was designed for older chevys lowered up to 6", but has the same eyelets so it will bolt up and the valving should be good.

Yea. These forums help, but then they are also filled with a bunch of nonsense. No way to tell. I have those shocks and know how great the ride is, so either way boot up or down I'm sure they are just fine. just thought I'd give my two cents hoping it would help out a fellow Chevy owner. You got a very nice truck! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

We hear you on that. Lots of misinformation posted in this thread as well as most others. We try to clear up any questions you all may have, being a business we cant really post non fact checked or wrong information or people wouldnt trust shopping with us.

The fact of the matter is the shock is a mono-tube gas pressurized shock and it doesn't matter how you mount it, they work rightside up, upside down, sideways, backwards.

Having said that, try to get the logos and text right side up :)

42179d1384266953-bilstein-5100-series-st

So, with a 2" RC Level, the 4600 is the correct choice up front, right?

The 5100, being adjustable, will not fit correctly if you have a spacer level.

So, with a 2" RC Level, the 4600 is the correct choice up front, right?

The 5100, being adjustable, will not fit correctly if you have a spacer level.

Id buy the 5100 and just pull the spacer. I put a spacer in right now while waiting to see how the 6112's pan out. Either way spacer will come out and bilstein 5100 or new 6112 will go in.

• Like 1

Id buy the 5100 and just pull the spacer. I put a spacer in right now while waiting to see how the 6112's pan out. Either way spacer will come out and bilstein 5100 or new 6112 will go in.

I'm really happy with the way the truck sits leveled right now with the 2" RC Level. I don't want to mess with the adjustable heights of the 5100. I'd probably choose the middle setting and end up wanting high, or vice versa.

I just want a better shock up front and rear, as the ranchos are bouncy in the rear. I figured, I might as well do all 4 at the same time.

I think the 4600 is the right choice, and can handle going in with a 2" level, but wanted to confirm or see who else has done it.

• Like 2

I should have my vendor account setup today so I can offer you guys great deals on all brands of shocks including Bilstein. Ive been in business for almost ten years and have a great relationship with Bilstein. This is why we will be offering you all the first dibs on the 6112.

I was always curious about your status as a vendor. Good to hear!

• Like 1

Check it, shiny new vendor tag! Im here to help you guys. My shop is in Las Vegas and I have been building trucks for 15+ years now. If I can be of any assistance or if I can quote you on some upgrades for your truck please shoot me a PM or email.

Congrats and PM sent! :)

• Like 1

Check it, shiny new vendor tag! Im here to help you guys. My shop is in Las Vegas and I have been building trucks for 15+ years now. If I can be of any assistance or if I can quote you on some upgrades for your truck please shoot me a PM or email.

Since it would be relevant to this thread, how much would the 5100 series shock set be for 2014 Silverado LTZ 5.3?

• Like 1