Bilstein shocks thread

How'd you calc that? I've never heard of stock coils on any truck being that high.

Measured diameter, wire diameter and number of active coils. The rest is just math. You're probably thinking of solid axle suspensions where the motion ratio is close to 1:1. With a suspension like ours, the springs need to be 3-4 times as stiff in order to provide the same wheelrate as a SAS.

• Like 1

You'll be fine if ya set 'em at the 1st lift setting, 5/8 I believe. I had mine set at the 3rd notch which gave me almost an 1 1/2 lift. I added a lower shock spacer for another inch, didn't ride much different.

I now have Fox 2.0 coilovers set at 2" of lift, and honestly a little disappointed in the ride, not as plush as I was hoping.

20160302 170011 (1)

20160302 172003

20150307 114244

20150307 114258

Nothing better then towing a budy's Dodge

20150810 200803

Below are my ride heights, I fist started with the Bilstein's on the highest Snap Ring (4) / or groove, which made for a miserable ride, in the Walmart parking lot the springs were so stiff I would HOP over speed bumps at 10 mph.

I now have them on the 3rd snap-ring and the ride is better but its still pretty ruff. I have debated moving down one more ring to the 2nd, however I think my tires would start to rub.

• Bilstein 5100 Ride Adjustable Struts
  • .5 Bllock on the bottom
  • 285/65/R18 - Toyo Open Country ATII

Position Stock Blistein 5100 Snap Ring Settings

Front Left 35.75 38.25 1 (Bottom) - Factory

Front Right 35.75 38.25 2 - 1 Inch

Rear Left 38.75 40.00 3 - 2 Inch

Rear Right 38.75 40.00 4 (Top) - 2.5 Inch

If I drop down to the 3rd ring, but swap my spacer for a .75 Inch it should make for a smoother ride while maintaining the current height, but its a costly wishlist item as I do not personally own a spring compressor.

Can anybody recommend a .75 - 1 inch spacer, finding a 2 inch is easy but I have not had any luck with a smaller one.

Edited by Zasker1

I got the 2.5 RC kit. It is a great price and a fairly easy install. Did it one night in about 4 hours. I took my time and killed many coors lights along the way. Had the help of my neighbor and used ratchet wrenches which made it go fast, up until it was time to get the torque wrench in there for proper specs. I felt for the money the results are perfect. I went with the 1" rear block, so there is still a very slight rake if you measure, but to the naked eye it looks level.

for an even easier install they have the 2" level that only raises the front

Looking at a 2" RC leveling kit for my 15 Sierra All terrain SLT. Do you know if I should go steel or aluminum for this?

Also, my truck gets in my garage now just fine, will I need to add two inches to the roof to see if it will clear the door now or do you think shell still clear? Not sure how lifting the front 2" will affect the roof line.

Also, keeping everything stock will be just fine right? I wont need to fool around with shocks or anything right?

Edited by Nickyb