Bilstein shocks thread

You should drive the Tundra TRD PRO and feel how that suspension feels. I think the Bilsten 6112s would be well worth the wait.

Never seen a TRD Pro in person to drive, they seem to be rare, the fact that they are more money and less truck would make it a hard sell although they are cool trucks.

I've searched but haven't been able to find the answer. How much different does rear shock valving need to be for Max Tow rears vs standard? If I wait for the 6112 for front would the 5160 be the correct rear shock for Max Tow application? Thanks

I've searched but haven't been able to find the answer. How much different does rear shock valving need to be for Max Tow rears vs standard? If I wait for the 6112 for front would the 5160 be the correct rear shock for Max Tow application? Thanks

I don't know, but the odds are, the 5160 will far surpass the stock shocks in every way, including load handling ability, so I wouldn't worry

I'm in as well, though if it's more than 6 months I'll go with fox. Keep us posted...As an aside, any installed pics/videos would be neat to see if you're allowed by bilstein

So much this! I can figure it out myself but its nice to know what to expect.

I don't know, but the odds are, the 5160 will far surpass the stock shocks in every way, including load handling ability, so I wouldn't worry

I was guessing that would be the case too. Given the number of NHT drivers on here, I'm surprised I can't find a more definitive answer. thanks though.

Does anyone know where to get the 6112 version. I can't seem to find them or a part number for them anywhere

Not released yet, still in development. Think April was last I saw on here. 5100's are your best bet for now or another brand.

No difference.

Does anyone know where to get the 6112 version. I can't seem to find them or a part number for them anywhere

Chris, good to see you on GM-Trucks now. Did you sell your Tacoma? Like the Tacoma, FJ, 4Runner & Tundra - Total Automotive Performance will be the best source for your 6112 needs.

April is the tentative release date.

Yeah I sadly sold it. A lot time and money but had to have more room for the kiddos and misses. Already heating up the credit card a bit with the new truck. This forum is got a lot of info for sure. A little hard to follow and post pics but otherwise good.

I will say I'm enjoying some of the perks the Sierra comes with that we're not even close to an option for the Tacoma. Got the new Method 306s in black, and taking off these 20" for some 17s bf699ef6258c1c8dda9c9a9dfbd75344.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Csjumper2003
  • Like 1

I recently had 5100's installed on the front of my truck. Went with max height setting and gained almost exactly 2" on both corners. Gonna be installing the rear 5100's in the spring. People say they ride stiffer than factory on max height setting but I find they are softer and make the truck feel planted better when going over rough pavement.

• Like 2