2014 Silverado 9" Lift On 37s - Review + Pictures

Upgraded my 6" suspension lift with 35s to a 9" suspension lift on 37s.

I was going to add a 3" body lift on top of the 6", but decided against it because I really wanted to add a grille guard to my truck, and that can't be done without custom brackets on a body lift. Plus the negatives of a body lift aren't appealing.

Went with a McGaughys 9" suspension lift. Had a 5" drop on my 2007 Escalade from them, and was happy with the quality. Plus their kits are made in 'Murica, so that's a huge plus for me. Ordered from http://www.mcgaughys-suspension.com/ , great guys and treated me right. Shout out to Sean (I think that's the right name) who made it all happen.

The truck:
2014 Silverado 1500
2WD 5.3L V8

9" McGaughys Suspension Lift
37x13.50x20 Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains
20" Raceline Wheels

Vehicle rubs on the front lower splitter at certain angles; will be removed.

My biggest concern is the rear tires are now wider than the rear wheel well opening. So now we I tow again and the truck squats as normal, it isn't going to work. Suggestions on how to prevent this issue? Thinking helper air bags.

Suspension lift is solid, drives excellent. Tires are quiet for their size (I am a Nitto/Toyo tire man for life), with no complaints whatsoever. Highly recommend the lift kit.

Yes I know I am missing a center cap.

VnuJ8tZl.jpg

PUmMi0hl.jpg

NpgnxnRl.jpg

Xu8J9AHl.jpg

FWbObcFl.jpg

jHav4p2l.jpg

EDIT:
Some comparison photos added

XzqvGZgl.jpg

ZJMu5H7l.jpg

Q9ALGv7l.jpg
Edited by mikemjohnson
  • Like 3

thanks for the kind words yall. open to any criticism or suggestions as well of course, besides why lift a 2wd :tear:

Does this kit require any cutting or welding, or is it a straight bolt on kit?

And great looking truck.

Straight bolt on. it is essentially the same kit for a 4wd, but with extra parts for the front differential drop, etc. When it is done on a 4wd. there is cutting i believe for the differential brackets, but it is a straight cut, not anything complex.

here are some additional photos ill add to my OP as well:

XzqvGZgl.jpg

ZJMu5H7l.jpg

Q9ALGv7l.jpg

Did you regear? How does it push those big tires? it looks sick

i have not. debating it. the truck pulls fine, i can still chirp tires, and just did a 8 hour road trip with 4 passengers and the truck is still great on the highway. i cant remember my factory gearing (3.08 or 3.42, lost window sticker), so i cant do the calculation to correct distance traveled to get my MPG, but honestly i dont see a need to regear, unless it could be done to the extreme of allowing it to go back into 4cyl mode on the highway; which i highly doubt.

i would regear for MPG but then when you take the cost of doing a regear, and do the math for the gas savings, it would probably take too long to make it an overall financial savings to be worthwhile, unless it increased MPG a ton.

Does this kit require any cutting or welding, or is it a straight bolt on kit?

And great looking truck.

thanks for the kind words yall. open to any criticism or suggestions as well of course, besides why lift a 2wd :tear:

Straight bolt on. it is essentially the same kit for a 4wd, but with extra parts for the front differential drop, etc. When it is done on a 4wd. there is cutting i believe for the differential brackets, but it is a straight cut, not anything complex.

Looks nice. But none of these kits are straight bolt on. Whether it's a 2wd or 4wd you have to cut the rear LCA mounts off for the subframe.

• Like 1

Looks great! do you have before and after pics of the 6" to 9"? I just purchased the same kit and will be stepping up from my PRO COMP 6".

Also, there is the minor cutting to make room, they do state that on the website, it's "almost all bolt on". The LCA mounts are too long to properly secure the 7" drop cross member.

Looks great! do you have before and after pics of the 6" to 9"? I just purchased the same kit and will be stepping up from my PRO COMP 6".

Also, there is the minor cutting to make room, they do state that on the website, it's "almost all bolt on". The LCA mounts are too long to properly secure the 7" drop cross member.

L6l0pipl.jpg

ZT3eNFXl.jpg

A8FEmrDl.jpg

Thats the 6" on 35s