Leveling Kit for 2015 Sierra Denali Magnetic Ride

Well, it's done. I did it in a day with a buddy. Dangerdick ain't the only one anymore, lol. Please let me know if anyone has any questions about the install process of the kit and I'll be happy to answer them or include pictures. Anywhere else I should post this?

image7_zpsoodk4jcb.jpeg

Few questions I hope you can help with

1. I assume you used the FTS lift since that's the only one that seems to work, does it kick out the front track width?

2. What engine do you have? I'm curious to know how the 6.2 and the 8 speed do with the heavy tires

3. What's the ride like?

4. And finally, take some more pictures, it looks amazing, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Few questions I hope you can help with

1. I assume you used the FTS lift since that's the only one that seems to work, does it kick out the front track width?

2. What engine do you have? I'm curious to know how the 6.2 and the 8 speed do with the heavy tires

3. What's the ride like?

4. And finally, take some more pictures, it looks amazing, haha

No problem.

1. Yes sir, it is the FTS 7" kit and yes, it did spread the front track width out just a tad, about an 1" per side, so 2" overall.

2. I have the 6.2 and it does fantastic so far. I almost don't even notice a difference to be honest. If I stomp it from a dig it'll still break the tires loose pretty significantly. Now it's not gonna win any burnout contests, but it never would without power braking. I notice just a slight reduction in passing gear "oomf" up around 75-80mph, but just barely. Haven't driven it enough yet to really speculate on mpg loss, but I'd imagine it'll lose in the neighborhood of 2-3mpg based on my experience lifting my trucks.

3. The ride in the rear is almost completely unchanged. I can barely sense the difference. But the front stiffened a bit. But like I said in my post above, I fabricated some ultra simple "risers" to return the MRC arm back to it's "home" position which softened it right back up.

4. I'll take some more later, lol. Thanks for the compliments, at least I know I spent this much $$ and I'm not the only one who appreciates it, lol.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like 1

Ok everyone, I have fixed the problem on my truck and still have the RC 2.5" front leveling kit on. here are a couple pictures. Basically, when you level your truck, you are pulling the arm of the MagnaRide sensors down. This is making the suspension think you are about to bottom out so it stiffens up. To fix this, the arm of the sensor needs to moved back into what I call the "home" or level position. I fixed this with the small bracket shown and a couple nuts and bolts. I also powder coated it black to look factory. Sorry for the crappy pics but you should at least have a good idea now. Hope this helps.

I'm a little confused by the pics. You said you did a 2.5" level and it looks like your bracket/riser is 2.25", with the holes about 2" apart. Am I off with what I'm seeing there? I'm planning to use your work as a template, so I don't want to screw things up. Thanks.

No problem.

1. Yes sir, it is the FTS 7" kit and yes, it did spread the front track width out just a tad, about an 1" per side, so 2" overall.

2. I have the 6.2 and it does fantastic so far. I almost don't even notice a difference to be honest. If I stomp it from a dig it'll still break the tires loose pretty significantly. Now it's not gonna win any burnout contests, but it never would without power braking. I notice just a slight reduction in passing gear "oomf" up around 75-80mph, but just barely. Haven't driven it enough yet to really speculate on mpg loss, but I'd imagine it'll lose in the neighborhood of 2-3mpg based on my experience lifting my trucks.

3. The ride in the rear is almost completely unchanged. I can barely sense the difference. But the front stiffened a bit. But like I said in my post above, I fabricated some ultra simple "risers" to return the MRC arm back to it's "home" position which softened it right back up.

4. I'll take some more later, lol. Thanks for the compliments, at least I know I spent this much $$ and I'm not the only one who appreciates it, lol.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks dude, that's exactly what I was looking for. So are you going to put spacers in the rear to even it out? And do you think you'll ever regear when they become available, or does it seem unless? Also I'm guessing those are 35s?

No problem, glad to help. Ya know, I don't think I'm gonna run spacers. I'll upload some pictures, but it's not noticeable. The gears are and have been available. The gear sets haven't changed for these trucks in like 2 decades. A Chevy 10 bolt is a Chevy 10 bolt. But since I ordered my truck I refused to do it unless I could get the 3:42's, so I don't ever see the need to regear. Yes sir, 35x12.50 on 20x10 -14.

Steps? You mean those park benches GM thought would be a good idea to hang off the side of these trucks? If you look closely at my pictures, I have the AMP Research power steps hiding under there.

DFB66E2D-CAC7-4063-BAC5-C29EC153388F_zps

8A26C8FC-4BDA-409F-98DC-67E11EB2C85D_zps

C184CF7F-37BF-42D7-A93B-1EA603ED6B5E_zps

4B0D3F15-4BD0-43D5-9AB5-7CEE707892BF_zps

• Like 1

Glad to see I'm not one the only one lifting these monsters :)

But as far as I can tell, you're one of the first to do it. And we had your pictures you posted of your front and rear undercarriage blown up on a 42" monitor in the shop to make sure we got all the brackets and brake lines right, lol.

Ahh yes the AMPs. I have an F150 with them, and sadly the Canadian winter does a number on those little motors and they start to sag and not come back up all the way.

My Ford is a fun truck though :3

I've wondered about this issue. My brother has a expedition and he had the same problem in the snowy winter. His were stock Ford. He started shutting them off when it got bad. Is it quick and easy to just shut off the AMPs in the winter?

I'll be damned. I never knew that. I'm way down here in Houston where the biggest threat to us during winter is the hot water heater running out before our showers are done, lol. I was told by an AMP engineer that the motors are simply power seat motors from a Porsche. I haven't checked part numbers to verify, but it sounds plausible. If that's the case it would make sense why they don't put up well with adverse winter conditons. They were designed to be tucked under a seat in a nice dry car, not jammed under the rocker panel of a truck being driven through mud, salt and road grime.

Danger, are you a slickline hand? That looks like a perf tool made up there on the ground next to your truck, lol.

Steps? You mean those park benches GM thought would be a good idea to hang off the side of these trucks? If you look closely at my pictures, I have the AMP Research power steps hiding under there.

DFB66E2D-CAC7-4063-BAC5-C29EC153388F_zps

8A26C8FC-4BDA-409F-98DC-67E11EB2C85D_zps

C184CF7F-37BF-42D7-A93B-1EA603ED6B5E_zps

4B0D3F15-4BD0-43D5-9AB5-7CEE707892BF_zps

Hey I don't mean to bug you again, but would you be able to take some photos down the side to see the wheel poke, and some up close pictures of the strut spacers in the front? I just want to see how it looks. Thx again