Leveling Kit for 2015 Sierra Denali Magnetic Ride

I'm not 100% sure tbh.. If you lengthen the overall distance between the shock tower and the lower control arm, whether it's above the spring or below, and don't lengthen the arm on the spindle to match, you will alter the geometry and therefore the angle readings from the sensor.

I would be leery about doing anything without lengthened spindles or sensor linkage.

I was thinking about it more and I think that I agree. The wheel side of the control arm is going to stay at the same location (more or less middle of the rim). Any way that you lift the front end of the pickup will lift the other end of the UCA. Therefore altering the geometry. Right...?

Edited by skibum823

Not buy a truck w/ an expensive ass factory option magnaride suspension? I'm guessing the GM engineers who put that suspension in the DENALI luxury version of their 1/2 ton pickup weren't planning on people wanting to "look like they offroad" or "have the stance of a HD truck"...because if that was the case you shouldn't have bought the truck in this trim. It is meant to have decent off-road capability, towing capability, while maintaining a smooth ride and tight handling. Leveling a $60,000 truck w/ a $35 piece of plastic seems ludicrous to me, PARTICULARLY when the whole point of having that particular suspension is for a nice comfy ride.

My suggestion otherwise would have been to buy an SLT model or Denali w/o the magnaride and get a legit suspension lift that addresses all the wear points (so you don't wind pi$$in through ball joints or CV boots for example) or use the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks (now available for these new model trucks I understand). I simply do not get this leveling thing for the sole sake of "looking cool" when it actually takes away from the truck from a reliability, maintenance, performance standpoint. It's silly really...and you can see that "silliness in action" when someone uses their "tough beefed up leveled truck" to do some actual work, like haul a trailer, and then the rear end is drooping and the front end is all jacked up.

Do it right or don't do it at all IMO.

The purpose of this forum is to ask questions and hopefully get some answers from an educated individual since Rough Country didn't due there part and test this kit before selling it to a customer, like myself, who specifically asked if it would work on a 2015 Denali 1500. I bought a Denali for several reasons other than the Magna Ride and I plan on putting a 10" lift on it with 24" American Force wheels at some point anyways so I didn't want to waste a ton of extra money just to level it until then. So thank you for your response which contained no valuable information. Have a great day!

Edited by ABron21

• 4 weeks later...

Alright gentlemen, I'm new to this board and more of a mechanic to the human body than a car/truck. I've been wanting a 2015 1500 Denali and do a leveling kit with new wheels/tires. Much to my disappointment, I ran across this thread. I've been searching and found something. I'm not exactly crazy about the thought of a 4" lift, but would this work ok?

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/lift-kits/suspension/chevy-gmc/4wd/1500-pickup/2014-silverado-sierra/k1091-ft.html?c=418&i=0

Nice find.

I don't like the language..."which will help keep the stock quality ride".

That implies to me that the ride won't be exactly the same.

I think there's more owners out there interested in leveling the front end over raising it above 2 or 2.5", but I may be wrong.

At least somebody is working on it.

Welcome to the board.

I'm an x Avlanche owner as well...or as they were referred to...Tupperware Truck and Crashalanche

Edited by Horacio
  • Like 1

So what do you guys think that Rockymountain lift would be like, as far as changing the ride? I see that they have to add a rear block as well. Would that not mess with the rear sensors?

I called Rockymountain today. They are just an internet reseller. The guy didn't know anything about it. The kit is made by Fabtech.

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/

I would talk with them about how it changes the ride. I'll keep watching for a magnaride leveling kit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys ..

Any news for 2.5" leveling kit on a magnaride ..

Why 2.5", if you just want to level the truck? I do not believe this truck has that much rake. Or does it?

I have a Denali on order and was planning to lift the front an inch, maybe 1.5". That was before I read this thread, finding out there is no kit available.

For what it's worth, I saw this truck this weekend and talked to the owner. He said it was a 15 and he had it leveled. He said it didn't change the ride after he got it leveled... Wish I could've driven it to see.

Iridium%20Denali%20leveled_zpstoygsdyl.j

For what it's worth, I saw this truck this weekend and talked to the owner. He said it was a 15 and he had it leveled. He said it didn't change the ride after he got it leveled... Wish I could've driven it to see.

Iridium%20Denali%20leveled_zpstoygsdyl.j