Leveling Kit for 2015 Sierra Denali Magnetic Ride

I took mine to a local dealer for a re-learn and it was obvious they were not very familiar. I did spend about $175 but it would have been worth it if the problem was fixed. I can say the rear is better, but the front is not. I am so frustrated with this that I just want to buy another truck. I love the look of the Denali, but wish I could get away from the magnaride... All, please let me know if you find a solution or want to buy a truck!!

Finally got some photos of modifications to date........

SuspensionMAXX 2.5/1.0 level kit
Nitto Terra Grappler 285/55/22
1A Auto tow mirrors
Leer 100xl with Yakima rack

3185e30a33bf5c9f4c56e04adfc066bb.jpg80a4827d10b509e5f14ccad3a10cbb98.jpgpost-174297-150456256595_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post-174297-150456256595_thumb.jpg

I have CC Midnight Silverado, not big fan of GMC sierras but MAN...!!!! Your truck looks dope!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Reviving from the dead, but I just had a level kit put in from a local dealer who actually just machines metal spaces for the front. 

After driving out of the neighboring mechanic shop I could tell it rode horrible, so called them up an asked if the magnetic suspension was touched and they didn't realize this truck had it.

So, I brought it back two days later, had them reset the magneride sensors and calibrate them to the position they are when it's not under load - to which I was told "It took me a couple minutes, so if you ever need them done again, swing in an I'll handle them quick." So easy solution.

Took it for a spin all seems great again.

It does seem a little more rough from factory height, but still a pleasant ride.

I didn't end up using spacers or brackets, but may come to regret it if I ever get to sensitive to the ride.

My theory is that, although the sensor was re-calibrated, the angle of the arm changes the the speed at which the sensor reacts - probably ever so slightly that I couldn't tell. Probably a mind game.

Anyways, just putting my 10 cents in.

Reviving from the dead, but I just had a level kit put in from a local dealer who actually just machines metal spaces for the front. 

After driving out of the neighboring mechanic shop I could tell it rode horrible, so called them up an asked if the magnetic suspension was touched and they didn't realize this truck had it.

So, I brought it back two days later, had them reset the magneride sensors and calibrate them to the position they are when it's not under load - to which I was told "It took me a couple minutes, so if you ever need them done again, swing in an I'll handle them quick." So easy solution.

Took it for a spin all seems great again.

It does seem a little more rough from factory height, but still a pleasant ride.

I didn't end up using spacers or brackets, but may come to regret it if I ever get to sensitive to the ride.

My theory is that, although the sensor was re-calibrated, the angle of the arm changes the the speed at which the sensor reacts - probably ever so slightly that I couldn't tell. Probably a mind game.

Anyways, just putting my 10 cents in.

4Wheelparts sells the leveling kit with the magnetic ride adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I thought about putting an adapter in, which I assume just relocates the magnetic suspension arm to the correct angle. 

Being the shop re-calibrated the arm to '0' degrees in the computer, should balance out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

2” Rough Country leveling kit with the relocation bracket for the magnetic ride arm. Air lift made a rear bag that mounts to the outside of the frame so it seems to be working with the arms on the rear shocks 

As of now stock 22’s3DB0D9AD-C73B-4BFB-9453-F0D5734AA0BE.thumb.jpeg.52509814bbffa8ef893cff4da6e0feab.jpeg

Edited by JohnnyH

• 4 months later...

Going to revive this from Internet forum

purgatory lol

I have a 2015 Sierra Denali with the 2.5” rough country leveling kit. After installing the ride was pretty firm. I’d love to have it ride a little bit better.

I never performed the “ride height recalibration”. Does anyone know for sure that it will improve the ride quality. I asked a dealership and they said the leveling kit doesn’t change the length of the shock/strut so it wouldn’t change. But then I’ve seen here some people say it rides better after the recalibration. I’ve gotten mixed input. Anyone say for certain?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cbell13055 said:

Going to revive this from Internet forum

purgatory lol

I have a 2015 Sierra Denali with the 2.5” rough country leveling kit. After installing the ride was pretty firm. I’d love to have it ride a little bit better.

I never performed the “ride height recalibration”. Does anyone know for sure that it will improve the ride quality. I asked a dealership and they said the leveling kit doesn’t change the length of the shock/strut so it wouldn’t change. But then I’ve seen here some people say it rides better after the recalibration. I’ve gotten mixed input. Anyone say for certain?

While the leveling kit doesn't change the length of the coilover itself, it does change the angle of the upper control arm that the ride height sensor is mounted to with linkage. What that does is alter how the sensor sends it's signal to the coilover to stiffen or relax based on how the control arm is reacting to the ride (angles constantly changing). Your upper control arm angle 'baseline' (angle the control arm is at when the truck sits level) changed when you installed the leveling kit, so you need to recalibrate your ride height so the sensor is set at the new angle baseline. It should help with your ride, but don't be surprised if it doesn't restore it to the factory ride. Leveling kits are known for making the ride a little worse, though it shouldn't be a crazy difference.

Also, I would go to a different dealer than the one that told you it doesn't need it. They don't know what they're talking about.

• Like 2

I have a new 2018 Denali and am trying to decide - leave it stock, do a leveling kit or go all in and do a 4" lift.  The magneride creates a lot of uncertainty.

Even if I do a leveling kit was was still thinking of putting new Readylift Tubular upper controls in to address UCA issues.  

Thoughts?  For me if cost is not the issue what is the absolute best way to do a Denali Level or 4" Lift?

To summarize the thread, if you get a general leveling kit, the Magneride will ride more rough, unless you have a dealership re-zero the Magneride calibration.  If you buy a Magneride specific leveling kit that moves the sensor arm to compensate for the level, then you should be good to go with the same as stock ride.  (or very very similar as the geometry changes with the level).

I went with the 1.5" SuspensionMaxx Magneride level kit on mine and the ride stayed exactly the same as stock.

Edited by kgkern01
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Cbell13055 said:

Good information! Thanks

i bought the kit that had the brackets to relocate the arm upwards....still rides like sh*t. 

I ditched my entire MagneRide system and installed a different suspension setup and a MagneRide bypass kit. I was also at 70k miles, so nearing the end of the Mag lifespan (ride was getting worse as the miles piled on). Here are more details on that from a thread I started:

I ditched my entire MagneRide system and installed a different suspension setup and a MagneRide bypass kit. I was also at 70k miles, so nearing the end of the Mag lifespan (ride was getting worse as the miles piled on). Here are more details on that from a thread I started:

I ordered my loaded out SLT precisely this exact reason, avoiding Magneride. I knew I’d be upgrading the suspension and was informed by experts to avoid it at all cost.