AUX switch install

Ok finally got it opened up. I removed one of the wires to look at them side by side. 6d82fcdb94a9f41ad7b8193a22e77a0b.jpgf713381bfc630ccae5d9a391dd36aafd.jpg

They look the exact same. Only a slight variation on the clip but they should fit just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's awesome! Nice find!

Azelkhunter do you actually have adjustable pedals? I don't and was wanting to use them as my fourth switch. Only problem I see is one pin moves pedals up and another moves them down. Should I tap both wires and bring both to the latching relay? Lane departure and park assist aught to be strait forward. I'm right there with you on the exhaust brakes though. Mine had the harness as well which was a pleasant surprise.

I do have the adjustable pedals, which was one of the main reasons I didn't use the upfitter switch. You could easily use this switch to control two devices, which is pretty cool. Up could control one relay and down could control a second.

Ok so I said that park assist and lane departure should be straight forward. But I looked at the pin list some more and there are 2 pins for these also. Do pins 5 and 6 control the led light on the front of the switch? Did you get yours working?

My indicator lights do work, I just had to connect the output to my relay to the indicator light pins (since I am sending a low input to my relays).

The pins are as follows:

Pin 1 - Illumination +

Pin 2 - Indicator lights +

Pin 4 - Downhill Assist switch -

Pin 5 - Lane Deprture Indicator -

Pin 6 - Park Assist Indicator -

Pin 7 - Cargo Light Indicator -

Pin 8 - Lane Departure Switch -

Pin 9 - Park Assist Switch -

Pin 14 - Ground (this is the ground that is provided by each switch)

Pin 15 - Power Seat ->

Pin 16 - Power Seat <-

Pin 17 - Traction Control Switch -

Pin 18 - Cargo Light Switch -

• Like 1

That's awesome! Nice find!

I do have the adjustable pedals, which was one of the main reasons I didn't use the upfitter switch. You could easily use this switch to control two devices, which is pretty cool. Up could control one relay and down could control a second.

My indicator lights do work, I just had to connect the output to my relay to the indicator light pins (since I am sending a low input to my relays).

The pins are as follows:

Pin 1 - Illumination +

Pin 2 - Indicator lights +

Pin 4 - Downhill Assist switch -

Pin 5 - Lane Deprture Indicator -

Pin 6 - Park Assist Indicator -

Pin 7 - Cargo Light Indicator -

Pin 8 - Lane Departure Switch -

Pin 9 - Park Assist Switch -

Pin 14 - Ground (this is the ground that is provided by each switch)

Pin 15 - Power Seat ->

Pin 16 - Power Seat <-

Pin 17 - Traction Control Switch -

Pin 18 - Cargo Light Switch -

Thanks. That helps out. I am just going to tie the pedal up and down together as the switch for that button. That sounds reasonable. It won't have an indicator but I plan on using it for RGB halos that I want on all the time. But I still want the capability to turn them off. I will use the NO function on the latching relay and the button push will turn them off.

Nice! You definitely don't need the indicator light of they are going to be on all the time.

Here are is a pic with my indicator lights on. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Looks good. You got your second set of relays yet? Also what did you use to sand off just the center of the button. I haven't done mine yet. I'm going to get it all installed and working and the go back and do them.

Edited by arkiehou02

Looks good. You got your second set of relays yet? Also what did you use to sand off just the center of the button. I haven't done mine yet. I'm going to get it all installed and working and the go back and do them.

I have 3 latching relays installed in the little module that I made. I am currently running two relays from those, 1 to a light bar and the other to spot lights mounted in the grill. I have one spare latch for the next accessory I find. Haha. Thinking compressor or something along those lines.

I used 400 grit sand paper, I am impatient though. You can use 800 grit and possibly save the white under, but it takes a lot longer than I want to spend on it. Maybe a 600 grit compromise would be decent. 400 works for sure. I wrapped the sand paper around the tip of a screw driver for better accuracy.

Edited by AZelkhunter
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread from to back a couple times, i have a couple questions.

I ordered the switch panel 23145202 (Pedals / TC / Dome Light / Park Assist / LDW / HDC / Exhaust Brake) with plans to use LDW and Exhaust break for the aux buttons as i am using the others on my '15 Denali.

That being said, do i need latching relays or will regular automotive relays work?

At this point, i only have one light bar and plan on it going to LDW but want to hook up the EB switch and wire so i dont have to pull apart the dash again.

Will the lights work on the switches with the current wiring or will i have to add those pins? Looks like pin 5 is the LDW indicator and pin 8 is the switch. Assuming same answer for the EB as well with whatever corresponding pins?

Here's the colors I used and what the pins outs are. The numbers are the pin out from the diagram.

blue= pin 12(aux#1)

white= pin 13(aux#2)

green= pin 11(aux#3)

yellow= pin 10(aux#4)

Blue is aux 1

White is aux 2

Green is aux 3

Yellow us aux 4

F57F0534-8A15-4128-97F3-18B46A3B21CA.jpg

Edited by EQUIS24X
  • Like 1

After reading this thread from to back a couple times, i have a couple questions.

I ordered the switch panel 23145202 (Pedals / TC / Dome Light / Park Assist / LDW / HDC / Exhaust Brake) with plans to use LDW and Exhaust break for the aux buttons as i am using the others on my '15 Denali.

That being said, do i need latching relays or will regular automotive relays work?

At this point, i only have one light bar and plan on it going to LDW but want to hook up the EB switch and wire so i dont have to pull apart the dash again.

Will the lights work on the switches with the current wiring or will i have to add those pins? Looks like pin 5 is the LDW indicator and pin 8 is the switch. Assuming same answer for the EB as well with whatever corresponding pins?

You will need the latching relays and most likely regular relays. The latching relays maybe fine to run them but I think the consensus was to use the latching relay to switch a regular relay. Thus leaving the majority of the current going through regular relay.

You will need do add wires to the plug. Yes, you will need the pins from the lights on the switches (indicator) tied into the NC pin on the latching relay. The pins I used in the earlier post do work.

I have not been able to figure the pin config on the EB as of yet. I believe there was 5 wires in the plug. I assume one is for the indicator and one is the positive. It I don't know either if it requires another ground out is tied to the other pins going internally. If you figure any of this out please share.

Ok time for a little update. I know I am incredibly slow and apologize for that.

So I ordered this relay from eBay for around $4 thinking it would be the same. Not so much! It turns out this was not a latching relay.

a34495ed6ffdfa2f0949f27624d8d534.jpg

So then I went back to the drawing board. I just knew I could find a 4 channel latching relay and I finally came across one from Amazon, and it was even on prime. d00614f3351b611b78187d4553987d07.jpg

I got everything hooked up and each of the first 3 relays trigger with the pedal button, park assist button, and lane departure button. For the Pedal button I ended up putting the pedal up and pedal down wires into the trigger hookup. I don't have a picture but I got everything in a small plastic case and added my ground wires to the output so the indicator lights work as well.

fdd0a656a4ab9c3a671bc4686a5df5c7.jpgUp next is getting my relay box wired and mounted under the hood. I bought this box from Amazon. I plan on using the 2 additional relays to turn the headlights off and just have some rgb halos as daytime running lights.

Edited by arkiehou02

I ended up opening up the switch housing today and saw the momentary switches. I ordered the latching relays off eBay and will play the waiting game. I have a pin breakout for the EB that I got from one of the PDFs posted so I have a good start except the indicator. I plan to mount everything in a battery box in the aux battery pan.

• Like 1

I ended up opening up the switch housing today and saw the momentary switches. I ordered the latching relays off eBay and will play the waiting game. I have a pin breakout for the EB that I got from one of the PDFs posted so I have a good start except the indicator. I plan to mount everything in a battery box in the aux battery pan.

Cab you post I picture of the pdf or a link? I haven't been able to find anything on the EB.

Pin outs in the PDF. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks. I posed a question about it on the HD section. I would say connect pin 4 to the trigger and pin 5 to the NC output to control the indicator light. The only thing I am confused on is how the power takeoff would function. And I need someone with the EB to answer that.