what tuner is best

It's a 17 Silverado with 6.2L 

I can do 150 you pay shipping not sure how much that would be have to get a quote if you want. You can’t do any trans tuning if you have the 8spd though. I used it to turn AFM off that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve used only hand held tuners since they were available up until my 2014 GMC. With the exception of the 2014 I used the caned premium tune. With the E-85 capacity already in the engine, there was a difference I could feel so no premium tune was used. All the tunes gave me the ability to kick up the shift points, raise the full throttle shifts, unlock the engine shut down and make my transmission feel like it had a shift kit. In my 14 shut off the V-4. I wanted to feel like I was in control of my truck with my right foot. My sales man like my business every two years so I made it no secret. Only one warranty issue. 06 trailblazer ss transmission. They ask me to make sure the tune was out before I bought it in, I did no issue. If I was to buy a new truck today, I’m not, I’d probably wait until the warranty was up.

How is everyone recommending hand held tuners?  

HP Tuners.  Do it right.  It can actually do 8-speed tuning through all the K2 years as well.  Go to a real tuning shop and it is likely what they are using too, not some hand held deal.

HP Tuners.  Do it right.  It can actually do 8-speed tuning through all the K2 years as well.  Go to a real tuning shop and it is likely what they are using too, not some hand held deal.

I’m the many years I’ve used hand held on stock vehicles for drivability I was never disappointed. Sure you may be able to ink out a few ponies otherwise or risk going over board. I’ve used banks on diesels same thing very satisfied. I’m equally amazed at people who spend hundreds on mail order exhaust on stock vehicles when a muffler change will do the trick. Someone who wants to learn and do their own, I tip my hat. Otherwise.....

10 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I’m the many years I’ve used hand held on stock vehicles for drivability I was never disappointed. Sure you may be able to ink out a few ponies otherwise or risk going over board. I’ve used banks on diesels same thing very satisfied. 

We aren't talking diesel's here.  I've seen these caned handheld tunes from big names run dangerously lean on the dyno (wideband verified).  For the cost, you can get HP Tuners and tweak whatever you want.  Don't want a dyno tune, there are many tunes available for download too that would work for many situations.  

We aren't talking diesel's here.  I've seen these caned handheld tunes from big names run dangerously lean on the dyno (wideband verified).  For the cost, you can get HP Tuners and tweak whatever you want.  Don't want a dyno tune, there are many tunes available for download too that would work for many situations.  

I’m 64, I started tuning on a 74 barracuda. Every available tuning or horsepower product available I used, gas or diesel. My stroked blown Chevy has been tuned of course. Not needed on a stock vehicle for improved drivability, caned tunes work just fine. At least up till my 14 GMC the last one I used.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Because HP Tuners and a proper dyno tune are overkill on these trucks, not to mention way more expensive then a handheld with custom email tune. 

For guys with blowers, turbos, cams etc then HPt and dyno make perfect sense. 

For someone that wants to shutoff V4 and make it shift better and gain a few horses then a handheld makes all the sense in the world.