what tuner is best

i have a 2015 silverado 5.3 and a k and n cold air intake but from talking to many people with dyno shops and past experience that have found better intakes, so i will b getting a volant or s and b, also have a cat back exhaust, and ive been trying to decide what to use for a tuner, i havent herd anything good about edge, i am planning on getting the new sct x4 has anyone had any good luck with them ?

AutoAnything has a sale going plus free overnight shipping and no tax in TN so was a total out the door $314.00 I hope the thing turns out to be worthwhile I just think it is a really cool feature to be able to control the AFM so it only comes on at higher speeds. This is the only hand held tuner that I could find that does that, may be some others out there but they are well hidden LOL. A custom tuner probably has that ability? I do a good bit of interstate cruising and do appreciate the fuel conservation ability of the AFM might as well use it if you can. The ability to go back in and change anything that I want at anytime is very appealing to me also. KILL THAT HELICOPTER

How did this work for you? FWIW, I have since went back in and adjusted the trans shift firmness to +25%. +50% felt real good but depending on the road, I was getting some clunking in the drivetrain that I didn't like. +25% (which really only applies to WOT) is real nice : firm, crisp instant shifts. Shift points are still -300 rpm.

How did this work for you? FWIW, I have since went back in and adjusted the trans shift firmness to +25%. +50% felt real good but depending on the road, I was getting some clunking in the drivetrain that I didn't like. +25% (which really only applies to WOT) is real nice : firm, crisp instant shifts. Shift points are still -300 rpm.

Sorry about not updating sooner. The Hypertech 2.0 part 2000 currently has no options for the transmission shift points/firmness or throttle adjustments on the 2016 6.2 8spd. They say the updates are coming out soon and can be downloaded onto the unit? Anyway the thing worked great for controlling the AFM I finally settled on 50 mph. I did load the premium fuel tune for a while but I took that back out after about a 1 1/2 weeks as I was getting a warning "engine power reduced" message anytime the engine revved above 3000 rpm. I could tell some difference with the Premium fuel tune in place it seems to rev stronger upon acceleration. On the engine light I do suspect that I got a bad tank of fuel as it started doing that right after my last fuelup with (supposedly 93 octane Shell) we have had a gas shortage here in Middle TN due to a pipeline break and I think someone messed up BAD at my local Shell gas station!!!! I have no definitive way to prove it though. Once I find a reputable local gas station that I feel that I can trust to have consistent 93 octane premium fuel I may give it another try with the premium fuel tune. I still have to finish out this tank of junk fuel before refilling, it must have been like low 80's octane stuff or maybe 90% ethanol? Just too much of a coincidence that it ran great until I filled up the tank. I would love to find a easy way to check octane at the pump only device I have seen was a Russian made thing that is most likely a scam...called a OKTIS-2. If any ruskies out there check out the videos and translate. I am not sure but I suspect that they are saying "Oh we fool stupid americans into buying our scam send me american dollars NOW"

• 1 month later...

i have a 2015 silverado 5.3 and a k and n cold air intake but from talking to many people with dyno shops and past experience that have found better intakes, so i will b getting a volant or s and b, also have a cat back exhaust, and ive been trying to decide what to use for a tuner, i havent herd anything good about edge, i am planning on getting the new sct x4 has anyone had any good luck with them ?

Their support for the Apple app is nonexistent. One reason I purchased this device! But they are still updating the device and the tunes that come with it. I'm doing it right now (it takes forever, 660 files to update!).

If you get a custom tune I personally think you can throw loyalty of a device out the window. Once you get your tune from the tuner and install it the device is junk, basically. Well unless you want to read codes. It still does that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Their support for the Apple app is nonexistent. One reason I purchased this device! But they are still updating the device and the tunes that come with it. I'm doing it right now (it takes forever, 660 files to update!).

If you get a custom tune I personally think you can throw loyalty of a device out the window. Once you get your tune from the tuner and install it the device is junk, basically. Well unless you want to read codes. It still does that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can purchase more licenses and tune other vehicles as well with the same programmer

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I believe that Bully Dog GT is a best. My setup: k&n cold air intake, flow master,  thunder dual exhaust + BULLY DOG ->>>  up an amazing gain of 3.5 mpg city and 6mpg on highway!

My wife hates the driving coach (she's got a heavy foot!) but has done well listening to it and the gains are amazing! I suggest to read this listicles of best tuners for Silverado 

Cheers!

• 10 months later...
On 9/15/2016 at 9:38 PM, Dnt said:

Looks like the Hypertech is for me thanks for the tip. I ordered a

Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 Programmer

2016 GMC Sierra

(6.2L V8)

Part #: 2000 today with free overnight shipping so should be here tomorrow (about 300 bones). That is the only one I could find that had the minimum speed option for setting the AFM..Got to get that Huey Helicopter out of the bed of my truck LOL The new GM Borla exhaust does a pretty good job of masking the helicopter sound but it still annoys me at low speeds. I wanted to keep the AFM active at highway speeds to conserve fuel, hopefully this will work.

Does it have a feature to recalibrate the 8 speed? Also what are your thoughts on tuner after having it for a long time worth it or not?