what tuner is best

Contact Blackbear tuning. They are a vendor on here. Best bang for your buck and it's custom tuning.

On my 02 I personally have a bully dog and it does everything I want it to but when my 14 warranty goes out I'm getting blackbear [emoji106]

Sent while in 'Murica...

• Like 1

If you can get a diablo intune for a good price, it's a very good tuner for the $. You can get custom tunes built also.

Lots of people love the bbt and there is lots of positive reviews and info about them. I would have went that route, but cheaped out and saved around $325.

Diablo, superchips, etc. are what we call "canned tunes" which means it will write the same code into your computer across the same year, make, and model based on the parameters you give it (shift points, shift firmness, engine tune).

Blackbear is all custom. You hook up a little device via obd2 for I believe three weeks and then you can send it via email to Justin and from there you give him specs on your truck (new tire size, gear ratio if you've changed it, your cam specs if it isn't stock, etc). He then writes it and will send you a new ECM and you just return your old one. Only bad part is you can't just remove it like a handheld tuner when you take it to the dealer. It's a written code on a new ECM so if they do any work to it it will screw with your settings.

There is also another option where he can write up to 5 tunes on a handheld device I believe it's called AutoCal and then you just choose between the 5 you've had written.

I'm trying to remember all this from memory from when I was about to get his tune. I'm sure someone with an actual blackbear tune will come and correct me in the spots I'm wrong

Go give their website a look. Link below

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

Sent while in 'Murica...

Edited by rdnckhntr94

Diablo, superchips, etc. are what we call "canned tunes" which means it will write the same code into your computer across the same year, make, and model based on the parameters you give it (shift points, shift firmness, engine tune).

Blackbear is all custom. You hook up a little device via obd2 for I believe three weeks and then you can send it via email to Justin and from there you give him specs on your truck (new tire size, gear ratio if you've changed it, your cam specs if it isn't stock, etc). He then writes it and will send you a new ECM and you just return your old one. Only bad part is you can't just remove it like a handheld tuner when you take it to the dealer. It's a written code on a new ECM so if they do any work to it it will screw with your settings.

There is also another option where he can write up to 5 tunes on a handheld device I believe it's called AutoCal and then you just choose between the 5 you've had written.

I'm trying to remember all this from memory from when I was about to get his tune. I'm sure someone with an actual blackbear tune will come and correct me in the spots I'm wrong

Go give their website a look. Link below

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

Sent while in 'Murica...

Not quite 3 weeks. More like 20-30 minutes. (For the cable tune)

The way to go is the autocal. The handheld is programmed to your VIN. You can upload as many tunes as justin sends you. Once it's licensed to your vin anytime you make a performance change they can tweak it again and again.

• 1 year later...

I have had the Diablo tune and heard much of Black Bear. But what of Superchips? Anyone have any experience with this one? It has Performance tuning for Economy, Towing, Daily Driving, & Extreme Tuning..This is what i am looking for , a tuner with multiple tunes

I am getting my new truck soon (2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD) and looking for input.

Edited by tooch420

I would say the best is to find a reputable tuner that is local.

That is the route i took and the truck now feels alive and better then ever!!

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

You mean someone who will just re tune the OEM ECM?. Ya, I actually know someone but was exploring other routes. I really need/want multiple tunes at my disposal due to the various types of driving i do.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know why my Diablo i2030 tune didn't correct the speed with the new tire size selected? It's still off by about 5mph like it was before I bought the Diablo tune.

read original post, wrong thread

try calling Diablo support