Creaking front suspension cold weather

My 2015 4x4 Z71 has only started doing this since the temps here in Dallas have stayed below freezing for the past 3-4 days. Creaking noise from the front left spring at all speeds until the vehicle warms up for gets 5-10 minutes of driving time in. Then its gone until the next startup. 

I haven't really driven this truck in temps this cold for this long so I'm not too concerned but I guess if it is the sway bar bushings that's good to know what the cause is at least. 

Yes, it is the extreme cold. You will probably notice that after a few minutes of driving, the creaking goes away.

I have a '16 Crew Cab and it does the same thing. Driving out of my neighborhood, the front suspension will creak over all of the speed bumps. Once I get to work 15 minutes later, it won't creak over the speed bumps at my work. This happens when temperatures get below freezing. I had a F150 that did the same exact thing.

Once the suspension works and loosens up after a few minutes, all of the noises should go away.

This is a non-issue.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Check sway bar bushings. My 15 did this, thought it was coming from control arm shock/strut area, but it was actually the bushings. Changed them and no more squeak even when it hit -50 last year and -37 so far this year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What bushing replacements did you go with?  To me, it sounds more like the spring rubbing against its dampner.
Energy Suspension bushings. I lifted the truck and got underneath it as friends pushed up and down on tires and that's where the noise was coming from on mine so changed them out and the sound has never come back.

I have the same problem since it has been around 0 degrees here for a couple weeks.  I made a video for the dealer and they heard in the video and they couldn't replicate it.  When I picked it up I drove it over a curb to show them the noise which is there but not very bad when its above 0 degrees.  I also took to a shop nearby and they didn't hear it and all bushings looked ok.  He said to come back if the noise comes back when it is colder.

It was 12 below yesterday and I am hearing it again also when I am turning sometimes.  I can't tell if it is coming from the control arm bushing or sway bar bushings or end links.  Since I have a lift on the dealer will not cover anything and they are just guessing its the upper control arm bushings on both sides.  If I put 1 wheel on the curb and roll off no noise.  I only hear it with both wheels rolling off a tall curb which makes me think maybe control arm bushing.

19 hours ago, Bash74 said:

Energy Suspension bushings. I lifted the truck and got underneath it as friends pushed up and down on tires and that's where the noise was coming from on mine so changed them out and the sound has never come back.

Bash74, my sway bar is a 34mm. Any chance you have more info on the sway bar bushings from Energy Suspension? Sway bar diameter or part number? 

Edited by Muddy72

Came across this thread today.   It's been unusually cold here in central Florida.  It was 27F yesterday morning on my way to work.  I've been hearing an odd creaking type noise from the front suspension since the cold weather showed up down here.   And on the job site I hear it also.   I did not know it was temp related.  So this thread saved me the headache of chasing a noise down.  It's the cold. 

Yes. This is nothing but a cold weather noise. When it gets cold enough, the suspension components contract and tighten up. If it's not extremely cold, you should stop hearing the creaking noise after driving a couple miles.

Same thing happened in my F150 and if you Google this, there are thousands of threads from many vehicle types that cover this same issue.

Stop worrying so much guys.

These forums have some of you tripping. I should know, they once had me tripping so bad, I was looking for shit to find wrong with my vehicles.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Bash74, my sway bar is a 34mm. Any chance you have more info on the sway bar bushings from Energy Suspension? Sway bar diameter or part number? 
Sorry don't have the one for energy suspension because I picked them up from a 4x4 shop. Now the ones i put on a friends truck recently where the Dorman 531-608 from summit racing, but I thought the bar is 36mm if I remember correctly. His has no squeak at all either when it hit -30 a few weeks ago. Lub with marine based Teflon grease

Bash74, Thanks for the reply! Sounds like your friend has the other size sway bar as there are 34 and 36mm sway bars. I'm going to level my truck in a couple weeks and I'm wanting to do the sway bar bushings and end links at the same time. I have Energy Suspensions end links ready to go.