Color Matched Grill, front and rear bumpers?

I have people all the time ask how I got different interior including people at GMC in an all-terrain package, They don't realize I didn't pay the stupid amount of money for that package when I got it done myself for a tiny fraction of what they want. Have a professional paint shop do a good job and you will never know the difference. Hell they do a better job in my opinion than a robot that does thousands a day, factory paint has plenty of imperfections.

t

To each his own.

The all terrains looks, as well as there grilles, trim and emblems, bumpers, interiors , dashboards , suspension etc are completely different from the majority of the Sle or slt's

When I was younger I use to think like you about " that's a stupid amount of money for that package " blah blah blah and eventually I wise'd up and realized that at the price you pay plus all the hassle you go thru doing all these upgrades it's a big joke and its all just to imposter "the ALL TERRAIN " Which never ends up looking so good "that you can't Tell the difference ". Lol you basically like to jump thru hoops. Always have to turn in your truck for work like painting bumpers and grilles

At the end of the day the moral of my story/rant is just make more money and buy the actual all terrain. Basically be a bigger dog not a poodle.

People like myself laugh when they see guys like you attempting to "mod

your truck to look like the higher level packages. It's pretty funny "

Happy new years

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

t

To each his own.

The all terrains looks, as well as there grilles, trim and emblems, bumpers, interiors , dashboards , suspension etc are completely different from the majority of the Sle or slt's

When I was younger I use to think like you about " that's a stupid amount of money for that package " blah blah blah and eventually I wise'd up and realized that at the price you pay plus all the hassle you go thru doing all these upgrades it's a big joke and its all just to imposter "the ALL TERRAIN " Which never ends up looking so good "that you can't Tell the difference ". Lol you basically like to jump thru hoops. Always have to turn in your truck for work like painting bumpers and grilles

At the end of the day the moral of my story/rant is just make more money and buy the actual all terrain. Basically be a bigger dog not a poodle.

Happy new years

haha good logic, you really told me. My truck was in the shop for 2 days to get everything done including the grille and everything. and be a bigger dog and not a poodle? so why did you get a double cab then? people like me laugh at your excuses for getting a double cab as well. It's pretty funny. and worry about making more money? good one since you know nothing about my income at all, considering I could have paid my truck in cash.

Happy new years

t

To each his own.

Happy new years

haha good logic, you really told me. My truck was in the shop for 2 days to get everything done including the grille and everything. and be a bigger dog and not a poodle? so why did you get a double cab then? people like me laugh at your excuses for getting a double cab as well. It's pretty funny. and worry about making more money? good one since you know nothing about my income at all, considering I could have paid my truck in cash.

Happy new years

Well between the two of you, you have managed to insult quite a few of us. No big deal, I ain't a dog and refuse to drive one. If you don't like what a guy buys or does to his own truck why not keep it to yourself. No good comes from insulting people and it can get you into real trouble where I hang out.

Happy new years

Lol donk, you do what you want, its your rig.

hahaha, so I don't own a crew cab . Some of us prefer bed space over cab room. I will take 6,6 over 5,7 bed any day .... u cant fit much in your bed brotha. Do you sit in the back of your truck usually and enjoy those seats in your crew cab big dog?

cheers

Lol donk, you do what you want, its your rig.

hahaha, so I don't own a crew cab . Some of us prefer bed space over cab room. I will take 6,6 over 5,7 bed any day .... u cant fit much in your bed brotha. Do you sit in the back of your truck usually and enjoy those seats in your crew cab big dog?

cheers

Hope you realize that starting with the '14s you can get a crew cab with the standard 6.5' bed in the 1/2 tons. The only reason I didn't get a crew was because I didn't want to spend the extra money. Even a crew with the short bed was $5K more so I didn't even look at how much more the crew with the standard bed was. Either way I was going to get a 6.5' bed, but would have prefered the crew for the room, but it wasn't needed so I'm fine with the double.

t

To each his own.

Happy new years

What a ****!

You have two economical options

1. You have them scuffed as much as possible and then paint them(which the will chip sooner or later) but you can put xpel clear film on the front bumper to prevent that(which is also self-healing)

2. You can have them acid washed and it will strip off all the chrome and then paint them, which holds up a ton better but is more expensive.

I went with choice number 1 and have had no chips since February

IMG_24691_zps7e4c46f9.jpg

^ What grill is that?

I second that....what grill is this??

well considering I haven't been on here in awhile before this I never saw or realized you asked me about the grille. Its just a custom one my local fab shop built for me, similar to others but without the rivets and all that other stuff.

t

To each his own.

Happy new years

WHAT A TROLL!!! :troll:

Plasti dip. It'll last a lonlong time if done right and is cheap and not permanent if you get tired of it. Check out dipyourcar.com. I did my bumpers with spray cans and then top coated with their glossifier.

20150103_171043_zps0zqgfgbd.jpg

IMG_20150102_132117_zpszaiqjvnb.jpg

Dip can work great for a temporary fix. I have known hundreds of people to dip their car and it turns out great! As long as you do it right and do a ton of coats it will hold up. I was out of town for a few weeks and pushed back my color match project to this up coming week. I will post up after I get it done. [emoji106]

Archived