Just purchased some after-market mud flaps on ebay (front and rear). Pretty cool how they color match em' and paint em' up to match your exact color (I have the Diamond White Tri-Coat) upgraded color. Here's my question...Are both front and rear mud flaps necessary? I bought both and haven't even received them yet, but I'm wondering if I even needed to buy the front pair...or even if they'll even look good..?! Anybody have thoughts on this? Anybody have front and rear and have pics to share?

That said, I called the seller and found out that the flaps are actually GM factory OEM. Crazy right? They're not on the Chevy website or anything! I guess Chevy has their own little underground aftermarket business going for accessories and things of the like. I know you can't get these at Chevy, but YOU CAN ON EBAY?...strange, strange. Anyways, I just thought I'd add my two cents. Sorry to be long-winded! lol

post-136579-0-87847800-1416681889_thumb.jpg

Done, and done. Thanks! I went through ebay. Hope I got a good deal...I want to say I paid $98 for the rear flaps and $94 for the front. Does that sound about right, or was I ripped off?

Done, and done. Thanks! I went through ebay. Hope I got a good deal...I want to say I paid $98 for the rear flaps and $94 for the front. Does that sound about right, or was I ripped off?

I paid 180 for both front and back (non painted) dealer installed, so looks to me you got a pretty good deal.

Sweet! So do you think I'll have any trouble installing them seeing as you had the dealer do it? Will I have to drill into the truck?! Yikes!!!

The rears do have to be drilled. The fronts do when you install the rivnuts.

Sweet! So do you think I'll have any trouble installing them seeing as you had the dealer do it? Will I have to drill into the truck?! Yikes!!!

I think you'll have no problem.

I think GM finds it's easier to ship them direct to the dealer rather than routing through the assembly plant.

They'll be the same parts whether through accessories or through 'factory order'

Archived