BFG AT KO2

+1 on the K02s.

I'm using them as snow shoes that won't melt on my annual drive to Florida and provide traction through the Appalachians. And that lake effect snow that NY and PA gets!

The K02s are each over 10lbs heavier than the Continental LX20s and one can feel it. Very slight hum heard if one listens closely with the radio off. No flat spotting, even with recent -6°F weather. Haven't had the opportunity to run them in deep snow yet, and can't wait to do so!

As per the vibration / buffeting issue thread, I did have to work with my dealer to road force balance them to under GMs 15lbs spec for a buffeting free drive. Got them to 12lb, 10lb, 10lb and 8lb.

Sensitive to vibrations, these new trucks are!

attachicon.gif20160214_102554.jpg

How did you like the continental lx20's?? I will need new tires this spring and so far they look like candidates. Most of my use will be on road with dirt trails and light snow thrown in once every blue moon. The reviews i have read have been very positive.

IIRC the 265/70/17 come in at about $137.

How did you like the continental lx20's?? I will need new tires this spring and so far they look like candidates. Most of my use will be on road with dirt trails and light snow thrown in once every blue moon. The reviews i have read have been very positive.

IIRC the 265/70/17 come in at about $137.

I would not buy them again. The fact that my dealer had to replace 6 to eliminate the buffeting (see 'Yukon noise in cabin' thread) is the primary reason. In fact, I also have a post in that thread where I collected customer feedback from various sites - it's not very good on many different vehicles. I'll be replacing the Continentals with Michelin's first chance I get.

Since my last post here, I've had a chance to drive the KO2s in the snow. They're amazing! Excellent traction. I just finished a 1500 mile drive to Florida on them and got 18.2mpg averaging 69mph. At ~10lbs heavier per tire, there is a slight penalty over the Continentals.

3-15-16

Stock picture before I get the RC 2.5 leveling kit and 285/65r20s installed on Friday. Deciding if I want the step bars and valance off or not.
Edited by kgillean
  • Like 1

Stock picture before I get the RC 2.5 leveling kit and 285/65r20s installed on Friday. Deciding if I want the step bars and valance off or not.

Tires fit perfect. I will take some pictures and try to answer some of the measurement questions from above tomorrow.

• Like 1

Tires fit perfect. I will take some pictures and try to answer some of the measurement questions from above tomorrow.

any rubbing I was looking at this size and I also seen the 305/55/20 on stock wheels and looked good any pics of yours? Edited by Steeks

any rubbing I was looking at this size and I also seen the 305/55/20 on stock wheels and looked good any pics of yours?

Sorry, been busy with work. There is minor rubbing on the liner inside the wheel well. Refer to page 7 of this thread for pictures of the area. It takes one zip tie on each side to tie it back to the frame. I will work on pictures tomorrow.

They aren't cheap though. I paid 430 a tire.

Also, here is another reference to them fitting:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156030-has-anyone-tried-2856520s-under-a-leveled-2014-yet/page-2

Edited by kgillean

Hey guys I just got a new set of BFG AT KO2 275-60-20 on my 2014 Crew Cab. What do you think?

Truck looks awesome. I used this/your pic here to go get my tires; however, after I had them mounted and drove them a bit, in person I felt like they looked smaller than what you have. Luckily I was able to take them back and swap for the taller 275/65, and have been pleased since.

Ok will try this again. Just installed 275/65/18 KO2s on my 2016 Z71. Lots of clearance with no rubbing issues. Great ride and very minimal road noise at 70 mph or for that matter at any speed. Look great and will post pics when I get it cleaned up. Rained all day after install.

• Like 1