BFG AT KO2

For guys running the 285/65r18's what psi are you running? I'm gonna run 45F 42R for the next few days, it came back from the dealer at 30 which I thought was too low.

Edit: Forgot to add pictures

What are the mounted dimensions with the weight of the truck on the front tires? Horizontal and vertical across the centerline of the rim. Also, the tread width and eyeballed section width. They look nice and wide, and fill the wheel well.

You were debating between the extra height of the 275 vs the width of the 285. Happy with your choice?

• Like 1

What are the mounted dimensions with the weight of the truck on the front tires? Horizontal and vertical across the centerline of the rim. Also, the tread width and eyeballed section width. They look nice and wide, and fill the wheel well.

You were debating between the extra height of the 275 vs the width of the 285. Happy with your choice?

Yea for sure. I saw the 285/65's on the show floor and they looked great. I also kept looking at the other trucks on the 285's and I loved the look, figured I couldn't go wrong with either tire. Glad I piked the 285's.

Also, for the first part I'm gonna have to get back to you on that :P

Edited by WendysOrBust

I would be running stock rims so I guessing that wont work? Just want to fill up the wheel well more I'm trying to decide between 275/65 or 275/70

Yes, stock rims will work just fine. I just didn't know if you had stock 18" or 20" rims. On the new style trucks, a 275/70/18 will fit just fine with a level, and look really good.

• Like 1

Started a thread, but realize I should have just added to this one. Rookie mistake...

Reading all previous posts in this thread I have seen some different opinions of a 285 tire on a Sierra or Silverado. I have a 2014 Sierra 4x4 Z71 with a 2" leveling kit. Stock 20" SLT rims. Will the BFG T/A KO2 285/65R20E be OK on the truck or will it rub? If it rubs, how bad?

Thanks.

I have heard that KO2's run somewhat small compared to their listed size.

What I would like to see, is actual measurements of the tire when on the truck. For example, is a 275/65 R20 actually 34" tall, or is it slightly smaller once under load on the truck?

Still waiting.....wanting to know the actual sizes once on the truck. !!!!

Oh! I thought you were wanting me to measure out front wheel to wheel and approximate front to rear load to calculate appropriate psi. I'll try and take some dimensions with pictures tomorrow. The Bfgoodrich site lists the 285/65r18 Ko2 as 32.5" tall, and 11" wide though, sounds about right, next to my dads 275/60r20 Ko2 they are particularly identical.

Oh! I thought you were wanting me to measure out front wheel to wheel and approximate front to rear load to calculate appropriate psi. I'll try and take some dimensions with pictures tomorrow. The Bfgoodrich site lists the 285/65r18 Ko2 as 32.5" tall, and 11" wide though, sounds about right, next to my dads 275/60r20 Ko2 they are particularly identical.

Looking for actual vertical height and tread width and section width with the truck weight on it. BFGs tend to run narrow, so trying to see if 305s might be a better option for me than 285s.