BFG AT KO2

Looks amazing now!! Look forward to seeing it leveled.. I'm still debating on mine.. Gotta send one back got the wrong darn bolts with it lol

I'll lift the entire truck 1" not just the front. Maybe 1.25 front and 1" back. We'll see.

Just had the KO2's put on, 275/65R20 with a 2" BDS level. No rubbage.

Hoping you were telling the truth. UPS just dropped off a set of Cooper ATP in 275/65-20 that will be mounted this weekend. I have the Rancho Quicklift. With the Rancho QL (and even before), when I crank my wheel all the way to the right in reverse, the front passenger side 275/55-20 rubs a bit on the liner.

Hoping you were telling the truth. UPS just dropped off a set of Cooper ATP in 275/65-20 that will be mounted this weekend. I have the Rancho Quicklift. With the Rancho QL (and even before), when I crank my wheel all the way to the right in reverse, the front passenger side 275/55-20 rubs a bit on the liner.

Let us know how it goes and post up some pics when they're on!

So far (200 miles), I'm loving the Cooper ATP 275/65-20 (34") tires. With the OEM 275/55-20 (32") , when I was backing up with wheels at full right lock, I'd get rubbing on the wheel well liner, so I still have it, but no rubbing at all unless at extreme right lock. I'm going to try to zip tie the corner of the liner back and if that doesn't get it done, I am not scared of scissors. I have the Rancho Quick Lift at all four corners. The Coopers look a hell of a lot meaner than the SRA's. Man the SRAs are just craptastic tires. Already had two flats with them in 7K. The Coppers are just barely noticeably louder, but nowhere close to mud tires' constant hum. I was worried that I'd lose some ride quality going to the 10 ply, but the extra 1" of sidewall height seems to cancel it out- I can't tell that they're any more rough/ stiff. The best part is that Discount Tire Direct jsut had a deal on eBay for $100 off $400 purchases, so I bought two sets of two tires and saved $200 and Cooper had a rebate going so I will be getting another $70 back from them. All in all, I'm out $758 for the tires and $80 to mount and balance. The installer did tell me ahead of time that mounting them would peel off some of the plastidip around the edge of the rims, so I will either peel it all off or re-dip, maybe in black this time.

Tires%201.jpg

Excuse my dumb question as I'm new to all of this and it's my first truck but what kind of leveling kit or loft do I need to run 33x12.50 or is there a size that's similar to this?

The stock 275/55-20 tires are 32" tall and 10.8" wide. 275/60-20 tires are 33" tall and 10.8" wide. The ones I just had put on are 275/65-20 and are 34" tall and 10.8" wide. You can run the 33" tall 10.8" wide tires without a lift. The Rancho Quick Lifts I put on lifted the front end about 2" and allow me to run the 34" x 10.8" with very minimal rubbing- just on the wheel well liner. With a tire that is 12.5" wide, I'd think you'd be looking at different wheels and/or a spacer to move the wheels further out from the truck body. With a 12.5" wide tire, you should expect to lose maybe 2 to 3 mpgs from the increased wind they're pushing and increased rolling resistance. Kind of like how a racing 10 speed road bike has little skinny tires to make it easier to go faster than the same bike with mountain bike tires.

Those rims look great powdercoated black! Approx how much did that cost?

Also interested in the cost on powder coating.

Edited by ncorry

Excuse my dumb question as I'm new to all of this and it's my first truck but what kind of leveling kit or loft do I need to run 33x12.50 or is there a size that's similar to this?

What size rims will you be using? If we know that, then we can give you a few options in metric sizes that will be close. And, just about any 2"-2.5" level kit will clear a 33" tire (or close to it).

Those rims look great powdercoated black! Approx how much did that cost?

500$ Canadian. So like 10$ US

The stock 275/55-20 tires are 32" tall and 10.8" wide. 275/60-20 tires are 33" tall and 10.8" wide. The ones I just had put on are 275/65-20 and are 34" tall and 10.8" wide. You can run the 33" tall 10.8" wide tires without a lift. The Rancho Quick Lifts I put on lifted the front end about 2" and allow me to run the 34" x 10.8" with very minimal rubbing- just on the wheel well liner. With a tire that is 12.5" wide, I'd think you'd be looking at different wheels and/or a spacer to move the wheels further out from the truck body. With a 12.5" wide tire, you should expect to lose maybe 2 to 3 mpgs from the increased wind they're pushing and increased rolling resistance. Kind of like how a racing 10 speed road bike has little skinny tires to make it easier to go faster than the same bike with mountain bike tires.

Also interested in the cost on powder coating.

500$ Canadian. Only because they have to do the center cap in a special way with urethane or something. Without center caps I was quoted 375$ Canadian.

What size rims will you be using? If we know that, then we can give you a few options in metric sizes that will be close. And, just about any 2"-2.5" level kit will clear a 33" tire (or close to it).

I would be running stock rims so I guessing that wont work? Just want to fill up the wheel well more I'm trying to decide between 275/65 or 275/70

For guys running the 285/65r18's what psi are you running? I'm gonna run 45F 42R for the next few days, it came back from the dealer at 30 which I thought was too low.

Edit: Forgot to add pictures

irGeZ8T.jpg

drgmiNk.jpg

67Xea1T.jpg

wt1jllH.jpg

Edited by WendysOrBust
  • Like 2