2015 Deep Ocean Blue Metallic - First Pics I've Seen

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that color of blue a lot better than Topaz and definitely better than the old Indigo blue that is for sure. I’ve been thinking of ordering a crew cab 4x4 1WT with the 6.5” bed after the first of the year (I like the black grill and a truck with less fluff like the higher peg group trucks. The manual shift tcase is also important to me plus the WT price is right). Deep Ocean Blue would also match my ’78 off-roadster well. Can’t wait to see this color in person. Black flares on 6” lifted Ocean Blue WT with the black grill would be sweet!

14327802142_f75b586534_z.jpg

The blue is available for the '15 Denali, though! :drool:

Yup, when I seen that (to quote Adleeper....."I also got a rise in my Levis"), it made my decision to order a Denali over an SLT easy!! I'm sure the color will look incredible!

I am still in the looking phase, but I was bummed I couldn't get a blue Denali in '14. The blue is available for the '15 Denali, though! :drool:

2015 Denali also available in bronze.

Wouldn't pay a dime extra for paint now a days. For as crappy as it is there's no way I'd pay extra for a certain color.

I agree. GM is starting to sound like the airlines where they charge you extra for everything now a days.

Wouldn't pay a dime extra for paint now a days. For as crappy as it is there's no way I'd pay extra for a certain color.

To each his own. The world would be boring if we all had the same opinions. I paid extra for the white diamond tricoat on my '15 Denali and I've hand washed and hand dried every inch of the truck, and I can tell you the paint job is as close to perfection as it could come. I'm sure there's an imperfection somewhere, but I couldn't find it. No regrets for me.

I happened to see a Chevy with this blue paint yesterday with the same 6-spoke black 22" wheels that I have on my Denali and it looked very sharp!

I agree. GM is starting to sound like the airlines where they charge you extra for everything now a days.

Nearly every car and truck sold today has paint options that add cost. Ford and Ram trucks most certainly do.

To each his own. The world would be boring if we all had the same opinions. I paid extra for the white diamond tricoat on my '15 Denali and I've hand washed and hand dried every inch of the truck, and I can tell you the paint job is as close to perfection as it could come. I'm sure there's an imperfection somewhere, but I couldn't find it. No regrets for me.

I happened to see a Chevy with this blue paint yesterday with the same 6-spoke black 22" wheels that I have on my Denali and it looked very sharp!

I have to see your truck to believe you. My 2014 summit white has orange peel over the whole truck.

Pavement Queen maybe?

Mine looked great at the dealer, a year later it looks like crap. Worst paint I have ever seen, on any vehicle. The Service Manager is giving me the cold shoulder about it too. You'll notice the GM Bots will not address it in any of the threads here either

I love my truck, but the paint is the worst. They didn't evern put the gravel guard behind the rear wheels on mine. Several trucks on the lot today that don't have it as well.

I know mine needs to be repainted, and it will probably be on my dime. If so, it will be the last GM for me.

Maybe the only way to get a good paint job on a GM is tho pay the premium for the special paints?? It sure doesn't come standard. I have vehicles with 250,000 to 300,000 miles that look better than my truck did at 10,000 miles.

Not what I expected from GM!

Nearly every car and truck sold today has paint options that add cost. Ford and Ram trucks most certainly do.

There are some paints and labor that do justify an additional cost to the consumer. I don't see the blue or green justify that additional cost unless someone has additional information on it or it just doesn't meet a paint line quota at GM to make the same profit on these vehicles. Companies are looking for ways to (increase profit) get more money on the sale of same items. The E85 Flex Fuel capable engine was included on the "V8's" for 2014 and for 2015, GM now wants to charge you an extra $100 for it. I don't want to see a trend where only one color is at no additional cost and all the other colors are extra money.

http://most-popular.net/truck-color

• 3 weeks later...

Had my Saturn in for a recall today and they had a deep ocean blue metallic truck in the showroom. Sadly it does not look like the picture I posted in the op. Much closer too what's on the Chevy build site. It's almost a teal color.

I didn't like it all.

Archived