Light bar mount.

Looking at one of the light bar mounts that bolt to the tow hook area and wanting to know if anyone has one installed and do you think they would interfere with the parking assist beepers on the front bumper? Pics if you have any? I am looking at one of these brands; N-Fab, PIAA, or Putco so far that is all I can find. I would like to install a 30 - 40 inch LED bar on it.

Looking at one of the light bar mounts that bolt to the tow hook area and wanting to know if anyone has one installed and do you think they would interfere with the parking assist beepers on the front bumper? Pics if you have any? I am looking at one of these brands; N-Fab, PIAA, or Putco so far that is all I can find. I would like to install a 30 - 40 inch LED bar on it.

I have been running the N-Fab light bar with a 40" Rigid Industries. I like having a little different look and like Rigid advertises they are meant to be seen. I don't have the park assist beepers so based on my pictures you'll have to evaluate. Let me know if I can help out at all.

post-131584-0-57892100-1412859624_thumb.jpg
post-131584-0-41695800-1412859644_thumb.jpg

I have been running the N-Fab light bar with a 40" Rigid Industries. I like having a little different look and like Rigid advertises they are meant to be seen. I don't have the park assist beepers so based on my pictures you'll have to evaluate. Let me know if I can help out at all.

I cant see any pictures, Also does the light brighten the entire road and ditches or is it mostly down the road surface, just wondering as I would like a light that would shine out the sides a little as well to help with seeing wildlife in the ditch. Where did you mount a switch for it?

I think the look of the light behind the grill is great, however I have a stainless grill insert to protect my rad from rocks, bugs & debris also makes the truck look a little better as I have mine chromed out and the black grill doesn't match my truck very well.

I cant see any pictures, Also does the light brighten the entire road and ditches or is it mostly down the road surface, just wondering as I would like a light that would shine out the sides a little as well to help with seeing wildlife in the ditch. Where did you mount a switch for it?

You must have never had a lightbar before. They're soo bright. just get a combo beam. spot leds for the road ahead, and flood leds on the sides for the ditches.. great investment.

This is exactly what I'm looking for, does the Rigid 40" fit good on the mount or did you have to add some extra mounting brackets?

This is exactly what I'm looking for, does the Rigid 40" fit good on the mount or did you have to add some extra mounting brackets?

I bought the 40" cradle bracket from Rigid Industries. I made a small altercation to the N-Fab light bar where I cut the middle tabs flush to the cradle bracket. Just didn't need the middle tabs in this application.

I bought the 40" cradle bracket from Rigid Industries. I made a small altercation to the N-Fab light bar where I cut the middle tabs flush to the cradle bracket. Just didn't need the middle tabs in this application.

Where did you run the wire through the firewall, these things are sealed up pretty tight.

Where did you run the wire through the firewall, these things are sealed up pretty tight.

Exactly a true statement. I came up through the driver side floor, I had two Rigid Industries switches I had to power up. Used rubber grommet and silicone to keep things weather tight, no problems.

• 1 month later...

I love the look of your truck I just got my first silverado and so far I love it. What kind of lift and what size it? Also what kind of tires and wheels are those?

I love the look of your truck I just got my first silverado and so far I love it. What kind of lift and what size it? Also what kind of tires and wheels are those?

Thanks Dylan congratulations on getting into your first Silverado. This is my first Silverado as well, actually my first GM product. I have owned all the other branded trucks and when the new styling came out, it really grabbed my attention with what I feel is classic styling. I feel terrible for some of the others that are having problems, I wish they were enjoying as much as I have been.

Running a 6" Pro Comp lift with Moto Metal 960 series wheels 20" x 9" and Nitto Trail Grapplers.

I will be making quite a few changes over the winter to make it different for show season next year so I will have more to share later.

Archived