Quiet Window Deflectors / Vent Visors?

I'm thinking about possibly getting a set of window deflectors for my Sierra, but am concerned with adding wind noise and/or damaging the seals and water-tightness of the windows. I would only want a set that is low profile and add zero wind noise to my delightfully quiet Sierra. Any thoughts?

I put on the channel ones! No issues and they look good on the truck but the are very light material compared to the stick on ones I have had in the past. The drivers side one of those got broke in my hail episode as well so it is being replaced!

I have hade Weathertech's for about 14 years first on my 99 ext cab and they were quite. On my 11 I put on a set for 9 months and a hail storm broke a couple and the body shop put on Wade's and they have been good also but I don't think that they are as heavy as the Weathertech's

:jester:

I saw them, but I'm really looking for first hand expirience from someone who has the OEM (or aftermarket) deflectors and can comment on how quite they are.

I have the gm in channel, very nice fit and no noise

I bought in channel vent visors for my 13' Silverado and while they serve their purpose I don't like how they protrude and they weren't as dark as I would like.

I think the further they stick out the better(minus wind noise) however I'm wanting to swap them out with the avs low profile vent visors for the sleek look and to block the sun a bit where it comes in at the top of the window. Where they stick on the GMT900 trucks looks very clean aswell. fd9f8e101b3a4be9c714f94825c1f291.jpg

I have avs and do notice a bit more wind noise than before on my 14 crew sierra. Also the driver side window will auto rolldown at the top as I believe it is detecting a blockage for safety which can be annoying. I have learned to live with holding the button up when rolling up. They do look great and work but a little noise and the auto roll down is annoying.

I have had all three styles on my truck. First a brand that stuck on but tucked under the mirror mount. Worked great but I didn't like that they interfered with the seal between the mirror mount and the door. I was going to silicone it but the dealer said they would put the factory in channel ones on for me instead. They didn't remove the glue from a sticker on each one ( that said left or right) so the windows would stick to them everytime I rolled them up. I also had the express up problem and where the glass rubbed on them, the glass started to get scratched. So I put Stampede stick on ones on that go over the mirror mount. I love them and haven't had any problems. I have never really noticed wind noise with any of them but I don't pay as much attention to that as some might.

My truck came with the gm channel ones already installed.

They rattle when a side wind hits them. It lifts them and they tap the window.

I'm switching them out with stick ones from stampede I had them on my last SUV they are real low profile so should be no wind noise.

Picking them up today.

Archived